How to stop supporting a football team?! Watch

JBateman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
First off this is not a troll thread. So I'm an Aston Villa fan and I just finished watching us get destroyed yet again. It makes me so angry that we play crap EVERY single week and our only results come from fluky goals. I'm not being dramatic here it kills me inside when we lose. Can anyone relate to this? I get all stressed out on a match-day looking forward to the game and then it all comes crashing down disappointment after disappointment when we constantly play terrible and lose and I have to sit through it.

The point is I HATE the feeling of losing and even when we win now it is like "about time" and not even fun. So is there any way I can give up my feelings for the team? I just want the stress of constant disappointment to go away...
scotttb
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JBateman)
So I'm a Norwich fan and I just finished watching us throw away a win against Chelsea.
No you didn't...
So Instinct
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So at first you supported Norwich? Now you support AV?

Troll got caught by the quote.
JBateman
Rep:
?
(Original post by So Instinct)
So at first you supported Norwich? Now you support AV?

Troll got caught by the quote.
The team doesn't matter I'm not a troll just lied about which team I support to try stay anonymous.
bluester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
in reality no - if you are that deep into feelings about your team then you cant really go back easily. i suppose make sure your busy with other things (maybe stop going to games/ checking updates?)

but

its never going to all be plain sailing as a football fan (unless you support man united) and a large part of supporting a team is being there through thick and thin, going through all the emotion associated with football. in recent years villa have had thier amazing highs under martin o'niell , now they are suffering. teams will go through highs and lows but as supporters you should always want to be thier for your team

personally my team has been relegated 3 times and twice suffered play-off dissapointment whilst ive supported them... but its all been worth it for the highs of promotion and the cup runs

so dont give up!
So Instinct
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The team doesn't matter I'm not a troll just lied about which team I support to try stay anonymous.
Anonymous?
You didn't even post anonymously.. How would saying what team support change anything.
JBateman
Rep:
?
Anonymous?
You didn't even post anonymously.. How would saying what team support change anything.
No one knows who runs this account.
cleveradam
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You can't stop supporting team if you're a true fan. But it sure isn't hard if your a glory hunter.
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
First off this is not a troll thread. So I'm an Aston Villa fan and I just finished watching us get destroyed yet again. It makes me so angry that we play crap EVERY single week and our only results come from fluky goals. I'm not being dramatic here it kills me inside when we lose. Can anyone relate to this? I get all stressed out on a match-day looking forward to the game and then it all comes crashing down disappointment after disappointment when we constantly play terrible and lose and I have to sit through it.

The point is I HATE the feeling of losing and even when we win now it is like "about time" and not even fun. So is there any way I can give up my feelings for the team? I just want the stress of constant disappointment to go away...
You want my advice, get behind them. Yeah we are doing awful at the minute and it kills me to see us second bottom but I refuse to be a gloryhunting supporter, I will always be Villa even if they were a non league team, if you are a true fan you will stick with them regardless of how bad it is. My Dad never stopped supporting them even when they went down to the old third division in the seventies. I just personally could not stop supporting the Villa even in the bad times.
sparkysarmy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm a Manchester City fan and have been for about 9 years, this is during the later stages of Kevin Keegan and the pathetic attempt of management by Stuart Pearce, it was a struggle but I loved the club and having a idol at the club helps a bunch (Mine was Shaun Wright-Philips), stay with team and be proud to support them. You never know, things might take a turn for the good
J.Nalbandian14
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just support Man U, then realise that your a gloryhunter and then stop supporting. Simple as!
filastini
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The moment you realise you're spending time and money on overpaid half-asked players from outside your local area or country playing for your local team which is managed by someone from outside your local area or country in which you supposedly have 'local pride' for, you'll stop.
Jake Gamer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I support Manchester United and I'm from Ireland and I watched United loose to PSG how do I get out of this team
moggis
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That description is uncannily like most gamblers feel.
Just bet £50 on the other team every time Villa play.
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Just stop to support your team at a match day, be it at home or in the stadiums Villa is playing. Boycott the matches if you are brassed off.
moggis
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I hope the OP hasn’t been betting £50 on the other team.
What a transformation in the Villa!
They’re looking a great bet for promotion now especially if they can come 5th and avoid either Norwich ,Leeds or Sheffield Utd in the play off semis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (127)
17.81%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.45%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.82%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.43%

Watched Threads