The Student Room Group

POLL: Belly button piercings: Yay or Nay?

Poll

Belly button piercings: Yay or Nay?

Thinking of getting one.
Bf thinks it's a great idea, but the first thing that comes to mind is TRASHY...
I haven't seen any pictures where it looks really nice and tasteful, though I can see how it might look okay.

Your opinions please? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
All my girl friends seem to think the same as you, that it's maybe not the most elegant of things, but all my guy friends seem to think it's incredibly sexy. My ex wanted me to get one too but then again, he also wanted me to get a tattoo on my ass, so clearly his judgement is faulty. I think they can look completely fine if they're not too flashy. Get one if you want to! You can always take it out again :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Kavalier
All my girl friends seem to think the same as you, that it's maybe not the most elegant of things, but all my guy friends seem to think it's incredibly sexy. My ex wanted me to get one too but then again, he also wanted me to get a tattoo on my ass, so clearly his judgement is faulty. I think they can look completely fine if they're not too flashy. Get one if you want to! You can always take it out again :smile:

A tattoo on your bum?! Haha, I think that'd be a bit too far for my boyfriend...:P (I hope, anyway :s-smilie:)
I think they can look sexy too - but it seems to be the only quality they have, if that makes sense? But I was looking at some belly bars and they had some cute dream catcher ones, and just the normal ball bars look okay too. I think the trashy ones are the blingy, traily ones which I wouldn't have gotten anyway.
Ahmm, still on the fence though :smile:
Reply 3
I have one and I don't see it as trashy, and I don't think anyone else thinks mine is trashy either :') No one really sees mine but I just like having it, I only really went to the beach once last summer and it was kinda nice to have then I guess.

At the end of the day - it's your body and your life and don't get it if you don't want it. Plenty of girls have them and lots of them aren't trashy :P
I wanted one, until mum told me about this, put me off a bit http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/7020936.stm
Reply 5
Yes they're hot but has to be small and silver/whitegold
Reply 6
Original post by hrbrox
I wanted one, until mum told me about this, put me off a bit http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/7020936.stm

Oh my! How freaky D:
I've also heard of people snagging them on clothing/catching them accidentally and the ring ripping out... :eek: not as extreme, but still not a nice idea!
Original post by La Papillon
Oh my! How freaky D:
I've also heard of people snagging them on clothing/catching them accidentally and the ring ripping out... :eek: not as extreme, but still not a nice idea!

It was this part that worried me the most
"The doctor described it like a bullet hole.

Basically equivalent to getting shot through the stomach :eek:
I'm 22 and thinking of getting mine done. Is this a total no?
Mine's done. I think they're cute. I didn't have it done for a long time because I thought you had to have a very toned midriff for it to look good but I changed my mind and went for it.
I have to say though, mine DID get infected when I first had it done. I had to clean it several times a day with salt water and it HURT! A lot, I couldn't show it as it was red swollen and generally manky for a few months. But it healed and looks nice now . :smile:
Yay completely I got mine done ages ago it barely hurts and looks great especially when your by the beach but don't get trashy uv ones and if you don't like needles they sell fake ones online I never regret getting mine done
(edited 10 years ago)
got mine done when I was 13 and im just impartial if I left it till now I wouldn't get it done but ive kept it in as I think it looks better than just having a hole in my tummy
Not for me. Not on your belly button, not anywhere! Except your ears maybe.

Quick Reply