Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    i think hes splittin with me, hes on the fone 2 me now

ReputationRep:
    i think hes splittin with me, hes on the fone 2 me now
    Well if he is he's only doing it on the spur of the moment- he adores you. If he talks about splitting up, don't speak to each for the rest of today, let him calm down and talk it over tomorrow. Everyone says things they don't mean when they're worked up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Well if he is he's only doing it on the spur of the moment- he adores you. If he talks about splitting up, don't speak to each for the rest of today, let him calm down and talk it over tomorrow. Everyone says things they don't mean when they're worked up.
    he says hes not seein me 2moro

ReputationRep:
    Why not? Cos of his mum?

ReputationRep:
    Then just let that go- don't push the whole 'stand up to your parents' thing now our he'll feel like he's having to choose between you and his family. Talk about that when you're both calm so that he can see where you're coming from. It's not his fault- I used to get really annoyed at my bf and realise now that that wasn't fair. If they've always been under their mother's control, it's very hard to break that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Why not? Cos of his mum?
    he says he might be 'grounded' and also he doesnt wana ditch his mates (bearin in mind hes seein them from like 10 it he mornin til 6 at ngiht wen i wana c him a few hrs)

hes askin me do i wana b with him. he says hes sick of me getitn upset ovber this all the time (ok maybe its silly but hes not btohered he cant c me, he doesnt sound bothered about anythin, his mum has told him to dump me if im gona b like that and also he just doesnt seem to care)

sorry im tellin u lot all this but id rather u no than peiople who no me and can judge me and go spreadin gissip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Then just let that go- don't push the whole 'stand up to your parents' thing now our he'll feel like he's having to choose between you and his family. Talk about that when you're both calm so that he can see where you're coming from. It's not his fault- I used to get really annoyed at my bf and realise now that that wasn't fair. If they've always been under their mother's control, it's very hard to break that.
    hes fonin me back in 5 or 10 minutes to ask if i wana b with him. i do but im gettin fed up how he never seems to care anymore

ReputationRep:
    hes askin me do i wana b with him. he says hes sick of me getitn upset ovber this all the time (ok maybe its silly but hes not btohered he cant c me, he doesnt sound bothered about anythin, his mum has told him to dump me if im gona b like that and also he just doesnt seem to care)
    Ha, my bf's mum used to play that one all the time- make me look like the one who's making his life hard :rolleyes: I really don't think you should be talking about this over the phone- it's easier to say things that you don't mean and even easier to get into a huge arguement. Right now, you're looking like the bad guy and his mum's seen that and so is trying to make you look even worse. The way to really annoy her would be to just tell him you don't mind not seeing him tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Ha, my bf's mum used to play that one all the time- make me look like the one who's making his life hard :rolleyes: I really don't think you should be talking about this over the phone- it's easier to say things that you don't mean and even easier to get into a huge arguement. Right now, you're looking like the bad guy and his mum's seen that and so is trying to make you look even worse. The way to really annoy her would be to just tell him you don't mind not seeing him tomorrow.
    not that easy tho...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    well i wont b seeinn him til monday and thats only for 20mins int he mornin.

iv just tried fonein him a few times now but he wont answer

ReputationRep:
    not that easy tho...
    I know, but you have to realise that the more you go on about it, the worse his mum's gona make you look. She's obviously got quite a bit of control over him- I'm sure she's saying that you're trying to control him and that she's just looking out for his best interests. If you just say you don't mind that you can't see him, what can she say??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    I know, but you have to realise that the more you go on about it, the worse his mum's gona make you look. She's obviously got quite a bit of control over him- I'm sure she's saying that you're trying to control him and that she's just looking out for his best interests. If you just say you don't mind that you can't see him, what can she say??
    m gona say that 2 him if/when he answers

ReputationRep:
    m gona say that 2 him if/when he answers
    Ok, but don't keep giving him missed calls- she'll use that against you too. Just wait for him to ring you and don't act like you've been sitting by the phone waiting for him to ring You don't want to come across as clingy.

ReputationRep:
    iv jsut breifly spoke to him, and he says he onyl wants to stay with me if i change and stop 'apparently' gettin mardy about everythin. hes not btohered about any of this, he doesnt realise how much it really is effecting me. he just said he needs to think and wil ring back in 15 - 30 mins. i dont think he will

ReputationRep:
    iv jsut breifly spoke to him, and he says he onyl wants to stay with me if i change and stop 'apparently' gettin mardy about everythin. hes not btohered about any of this, he doesnt realise how much it really is effecting me. he just said he needs to think and wil ring back in 15 - 30 mins. i dont think he will
    It's obvious that his mum's making you look the bad guy. Just back right off. If he doesn't ring back today, just leave it. He'll call eventually, he's probably just expecting you to do the chasing. When Ste calms down he'll realise that you're only upset because you want to see him. Just try to forget about everything that's happened and don't bring it up till you're in the good books again. He's not seeing things as they really are now and so it's pointless trying to discuss how you're feeling with him- he'll just feel like you're nagging him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    It's obvious that his mum's making you look the bad guy. Just back right off. If he doesn't ring back today, just leave it. He'll call eventually, he's probably just expecting you to do the chasing. When Ste calms down he'll realise that you're only upset because you want to see him. Just try to forget about everything that's happened and don't bring it up till you're in the good books again. He's not seeing things as they really are now and so it's pointless trying to discuss how you're feeling with him- he'll just feel like you're nagging him.
    he always think i am anyway. so what do i say wen he does fone?

i wana b with him but knowin that he doesnt want to be with me totally is upsetting. i also feel he doesnt care for how i feel anymore as wen im upset he accuses me of being mardy. i no he lvoes me but he just doesnt seem to want me as much as he used to.

ReputationRep:
    he always think i am anyway. so what do i say wen he does fone?

i wana b with him but knowin that he doesnt want to be with me totally is upsetting. i also feel he doesnt care for how i feel anymore as wen im upset he accuses me of being mardy. i no he lvoes me but he just doesnt seem to want me as much as he used to.
    Well, when he phones, don't mention if it's later than he said he would phone- just act like you didn't notice. Tell him that you want to be with him and, if you can, tell him that you understand that his mum has a say in your relationship. He is only 16 and he's probably never stood up to her before. It's not his fault, it's just how he's been brought up. I found it hard to understand by bf's mum's contol over him because I've always spoke my mind to my parents. But it's different if your parents are strict and believe that while you're under their roof, you live by their rules. Just try and get across to him that you understand that he finds it hard to stand up to his mum. You can tell him your feelings about it when you've both calmed down and you're back in his good books again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Well, when he phones, don't mention if it's later than he said he would phone- just act like you didn't notice. Tell him that you want to be with him and, if you can, tell him that you understand that his mum has a say in your relationship. He is only 16 and he's probably never stood up to her before. It's not his fault, it's just how he's been brought up. I found it hard to understand by bf's mum's contol over him because I've always spoke my mind to my parents. But it's different if your parents are strict and believe that while you're under their roof, you live by their rules. Just try and get across to him that you understand that he finds it hard to stand up to his mum. You can tell him your feelings about it when you've both calmed down and you're back in his good books again.
    well ym time at the libary where i came to chill out as nearly gone. im gona go out and text himt o fone me (i need to) and talk 2 him. i understanf what uv said and wot he has said, but he wont stay with me uness i change. so really he doesnt wana b with me totally. he didnt sound bothered on the fone. just plain i wana b with u but u gota change coz im sick of it. things ;ike that which r trtue. the way he said it tho showed no care or anythin

ReputationRep:
    well ym time at the libary where i came to chill out as nearly gone. im gona go out and text himt o fone me (i need to) and talk 2 him. i understanf what uv said and wot he has said, but he wont stay with me uness i change. so really he doesnt wana b with me totally. he didnt sound bothered on the fone. just plain i wana b with u but u gota change coz im sick of it. things ;ike that which r trtue. the way he said it tho showed no care or anythin
    But that's only cos he's worked up. It's obvious how much he loves you- everytime he comes on here he's really sweet about you.

ReputationRep:
    OMG! I hope everything was ok, jeez, i dont know what i was on last night, i was a bit crazy...

Nasty Mothers are horrible, where does this woman get off treating another human like that, its really none of her business is it.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.