The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Information about Halls of Residence at Herts

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xDave-
Hey, your private messages are full so I thought'd I'd just quote you here.

I was speaking to a member of my group in a class today and she said to meet at the LRC cafe tomorrow to do our work. I came home and then thought "Hang on a sec... There's no LRC cafe". Have I missed it this whole time or is there one in there? :s-smilie: I'm on De Hav btw.
I know i'm not Pop_Tart, but there is a cafe in the LRC on College Lane. You basically go in, and then it's on the very bottom floor!
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 301
Original post by Paper Flowers
I know i'm not Pop_Tart, but there is a cafe in the LRC on College Lane. You basically go in, and then it's on the very bottom floor!

Woah, I hope she didn't mean on the other campus then. Be weird considering we arranged this on De Hav. Oh well, guess I'll just have to go over there if I can't find her in that one. Thanks for the info!
Original post by xDave-
Hey, your private messages are full so I thought'd I'd just quote you here.

I was speaking to a member of my group in a class today and she said to meet at the LRC cafe tomorrow to do our work. I came home and then thought "Hang on a sec... There's no LRC cafe". Have I missed it this whole time or is there one in there? :s-smilie: I'm on De Hav btw.

Oh that's annoying, I'm sorry about that!

There is a cafe in both LRC's. Paper Flowers told you where you can find the College Lane one. The De havilland LRC cafe is on the left - literally, when you walk in turn left right before the stairs and go through the doors. You really can't miss it :tongue: It even has a big sign ''study cafe'' i think.

Original post by Paper Flowers

no worries at all ^^
Reply 303
Original post by Pop_tart
Oh that's annoying, I'm sorry about that!

There is a cafe in both LRC's. Paper Flowers told you where you can find the College Lane one. The De havilland LRC cafe is on the left - literally, when you walk in turn left right before the stairs and go through the doors. You really can't miss it :tongue: It even has a big sign ''study cafe'' i think.

no worries at all ^^

Wow, can't believe I've never noticed that. Thanks!
Oops. Sorry, forgot about the one on de Hav. I'm always on this campus so i don't think of the de Hav one as the LRC.
Sorry! Should have left it to the professional. D:
Can we receive parcels at de Hav? I wanted to have someone's Christmas present delivered here, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Someone told me I can do so then pick it up at some student's services office (though I'm pretty sure there isn't one on de Havilland) but I'm not sure whether to trust them... :P Any thoughts?
Original post by azurefalls
Can we receive parcels at de Hav? I wanted to have someone's Christmas present delivered here, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Someone told me I can do so then pick it up at some student's services office (though I'm pretty sure there isn't one on de Havilland) but I'm not sure whether to trust them... :P Any thoughts?

you sure can! Anything that doesn't fit through the letterbox gets delivered to the accommodation office. There is no "student service office" :smile: As soon as they get it they will put a note in your letter box telling you to come pick it up (you need your ID card!).
you sure can! Anything that doesn't fit through the letterbox gets delivered to the accommodation office. There is no "student service office" :smile: As soon as they get it they will put a note in your letter box telling you to come pick it up (you need your ID card!).

Oh right! That's great, thank you! :smile:

Sorry to quote you, but I had a quick question and you seem to know a lot. I'm currently in my first year, living in off campus housing. I was wondering if I was to apply for on campus accommodation for my second year, is it likely I would be offered De Hav halls?
Original post by INeedToRevise
Sorry to quote you, but I had a quick question and you seem to know a lot. I'm currently in my first year, living in off campus housing. I was wondering if I was to apply for on campus accommodation for my second year, is it likely I would be offered De Hav halls?

No worries at all. No, I don't think it is 'likely' that you'll be offered de hav especially if you do NOT put it on your list. If you do put it in your top 4 list or something there is certainly a chance. if you apply early you'll probably still get your first choice!
No worries at all. No, I don't think it is 'likely' that you'll be offered de hav especially if you do NOT put it on your list. If you do put it in your top 4 list or something there is certainly a chance. if you apply early you'll probably still get your first choice!

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear- I would put de hav as my first choice. The only thing is I would be a second year, and they give priority to first years right?
There isnt a separate block for second years/third years is there?
Oh and do you know when I can apply. Thanks for your help.
Sorry, I probably wasn't clear- I would put de hav as my first choice. The only thing is I would be a second year, and they give priority to first years right?
There isnt a separate block for second years/third years is there?
Oh and do you know when I can apply. Thanks for your help.

they do give priority to first years yeah but there are always ones that are late and everyone who applies after the dealine don't really get priority I don't think :/ but you'll be fine really.

There is no special block for second years - I'm not too sure when exactly but keep on checking the website cause they'll put a online application form online!
they do give priority to first years yeah but there are always ones that are late and everyone who applies after the dealine don't really get priority I don't think :/ but you'll be fine really.

There is no special block for second years - I'm not too sure when exactly but keep on checking the website cause they'll put a online application form online!

Thanks a lot for your help! :biggrin: I'll keep checking.
+repped you

Wow -.- Quite silly to neg me whoever did that
(edited 12 years ago)
Thanks a lot for your help! :biggrin: I'll keep checking.
+repped you

Very welcome! If you got any further questions or worries just let me know! :smile:
Reply 314
frnds i going to do postgraduate in hertfordshire..........pls help me out i need private accommodation near hertfordshire...i ready to share..
Original post by tamizh
frnds i going to do postgraduate in hertfordshire..........pls help me out i need private accommodation near hertfordshire...i ready to share..

NEAR Hertfordshire? I would advise you to stay IN Hertfordshire and more specifically, as close to Hatfield as possible! Public transport is pretty expensive!

have a look at the university's website, theyll be able help you find something.
Do you know you can also stay on campus?
NEAR Hertfordshire? I would advise you to stay IN Hertfordshire and more specifically, as close to Hatfield as possible! Public transport is pretty expensive!

have a look at the university's website, theyll be able help you find something.
Do you know you can also stay on campus?

Hi... I need some advice... Im from India and I will be staying with my aunt who resides in Buckinghamshire.. The thing is my aunt wants me to commute as she doesnt want me to go for accomodation in Herts... I have no idea about the travelling expenses, how long will it take to travel, what bus/train to take or anything else for that matter... what do you think about commuting from Buckinghamshire? is it a good idea? what should I do?
Original post by MonicaTitu
Hi... I need some advice... Im from India and I will be staying with my aunt who resides in Buckinghamshire.. The thing is my aunt wants me to commute as she doesnt want me to go for accomodation in Herts... I have no idea about the travelling expenses, how long will it take to travel, what bus/train to take or anything else for that matter... what do you think about commuting from Buckinghamshire? is it a good idea? what should I do?

If you want an honest answer, I think that's madness! If you drive yourself it might be okay but if you would need to go by public transport you are talking about 1,5 to 2 hour bus ridesat least (just one way) with 2 different bus companies probably. Money wise this could cost you like 5 pounds a day at least. On the other hand, I assume your aunt wouldn't charge you for staying there so you would save a lot with living costs.

Either way, I would strongly advice you to stay either on campus or around Hatfield - even if it was just for the uni experience.. you are bound to make new friends and it will be more difficult to do stuff if you live so far away.
If you want an honest answer, I think that's madness! If you drive yourself it might be okay but if you would need to go by public transport you are talking about 1,5 to 2 hour bus ridesat least (just one way) with 2 different bus companies probably. Money wise this could cost you like 5 pounds a day at least. On the other hand, I assume your aunt wouldn't charge you for staying there so you would save a lot with living costs.

Either way, I would strongly advice you to stay either on campus or around Hatfield - even if it was just for the uni experience.. you are bound to make new friends and it will be more difficult to do stuff if you live so far away.

2 hour!!! good Lord!! I am okay with staying at the campus ... its my aunt whom I have to convince now... Thankyou so very much for the advice :smile:
Reply 319
Hey!
I know you've answered questions similar far too many times, buuut, wanted to know if you could help me out with choosing accommodation? :smile:
Basically, I have a Conditional offer to study Paramedic Science at herts :biggrin: I actually live in Hatfield but reaaalllyy want to stay in halls to get the full experience :smile: (I know, It sounds silly, but yaaaah)
I want to stay in the College Lane campus as thats where my course is :smile:
Quite alot of my course is spent in Placements in North London doing some night shifts so maybe Telford isn't the place to be? Although i reallly liked them when i saw them. At the same time though, i don't want to stay in "quiet halls" if there is such a thing! :smile: I didn't like the mini house halls? Not sure what they're called, But when i loooked around i hated them :/ I saw them and Telford court. :smile:

I want to meet lots of people, Preferably staying in a "flat" with more then say 3 people.. I've heard some are like that?
With like a kitchen and a communal room? Do some have that?
God, I sound so fussy! Sorry :frown:

I guess i don't really know!
What do you think? Any advise? :biggrin:
As far as budget is concerned, My parents have said there fine with any halls appart from De Hav :smile:

Sorrry that's so long! :biggrin:
Thank you so much for any help! :biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending