The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Interview EEE

I have an interview with imperial college london on 6th Feb. The interview will br conducted on skype. i have applied to EEE. please guide me on what they can ask me.
Why you choose imperial and that particular course ?
What do you think about EEE in this modern world ?

I dont know what EEE is :frown:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Eternity Flame
Why you choose imperial and that particular course ?
What do you think about EEE in this modern world ?

I dont know what EEE is :frown:

Electrical and Electronic Engineering?
If you dont mind asking .. can i ask

1) What are your GCSE and Alevel grades
2) Are you willing to pay on your own or is their any sponsor / scholarship ?
3) Where do you think of living in ? Is it either Halls or Private sector accommodation

Thanks a lot
Reply 4
Yup...EEE is electrical and electronics engineering...my GCSE grades were 4A* 2A and 3B...I would love to have a scholarship but if not I am ready to pay the fees. I'll be classified as an international student for the fee.i would prefer the university accommodation
Original post by Eternity Flame
If you dont mind asking .. can i ask

1) What are your GCSE and Alevel grades
2) Are you willing to pay on your own or is their any sponsor / scholarship ?
3) Where do you think of living in ? Is it either Halls or Private sector accommodation

Thanks a lot
Original post by wmajid
I have an interview with imperial college london on 6th Feb. The interview will br conducted on skype. i have applied to EEE. please guide me on what they can ask me.

Hey I am at UCL doing EEE, I imagine the questions will be similar to me.

Why us?
Why EEE?
Why your subject choices?
Any relevant experience you have?
Tell me about your A levels and what you are learning? (if relevant)

Then maybe some small technical questions or a few brainteasers. Nothing difficult I imagine, just related to your knowledge or stretching you.

Explain how a loudspeaker works.
Can you draw a simple amplifier circuit? (only if you have prior electronics exp)
Reply 6
I do not know the answer to any of the technical questions that you have listed. What if I mess up the technical question?
Reply 7
disconnect claiming you have internet problem :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Dalilsp
disconnect claiming you have internet problem :smile:

Yeah right :rolleyes: and then what?
Reply 9
I mean can it happen that I tell them that I do not know the answer to their technical question and still have chances of getting an offer?
Reply 10
Original post by wmajid
I mean can it happen that I tell them that I do not know the answer to their technical question and still have chances of getting an offer?

Just try and relax. When I went for my interview I was scared the interviewer will ask me a really crazy Maths or Physics question just like you. But it wasn't hard at all. Just relax and think - take your time, if you get stuck - ask for some help and he will try and guide you. They just want to know how good your Maths is and how are your problem solving skills.
Reply 11
I had my interview with one of EEE professor at Imperial. Throughout the interview (by Skype as I am international applicant), most of the questions revolved around why you want to go to Imperial, why EEE, and he might ask you activities that you had done in the past few years. Surprisingly, no technical questions for me though. Not long after that, nailed the offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending