Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Your lying on your bed and you have your laptop on, your chatting to some people online but there is nagging voice in your head (which sounds a bit like your mum) saying "coursework". You know it has to be done but you really don't wanna, you feel lazily but it has to be done...and then you go down the pub

next day you find yourself in the same position, you really need to get this coursework done and you don't wanna do a rushed job and leave it to the last minute but you really don't want to do it...you end up going out for a take away instead

next day you find yourself again doing nothing much and the deadline is approching, you have a few hours but...yep your still in that lazily mood...

how do you do make yourself do coursework when your in this kind of mood?

ReputationRep:
    Think about all the poor people in England, and know that, if you mess up your work, you'll be one of them.

ReputationRep:
    SAY repeatedly "I am the smartest person alive! Even more smater than that computer guy..." (not true, but i love fooling myself)

ReputationRep:
    no good for me, Mr White...

As a Welsh gal (however mother's english blood has corupted me) I can honsently say...that won't work

ReputationRep:
    I can't get motivated to do my coursework either...
    Maybe it's because I don't know how to and can't be bothered reading my notes

SOMEONE HELP ME (SEE ACADEMIC DISCUSSION PSYCHOLOGY A2 THREAD)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    Your lying on your bed and you have your laptop on, your chatting to some people online but there is nagging voice in your head (which sounds a bit like your mum) saying "coursework". You know it has to be done but you really don't wanna, you feel lazily but it has to be done...and then you go down the pub

next day you find yourself in the same position, you really need to get this coursework done and you don't wanna do a rushed job and leave it to the last minute but you really don't want to do it...you end up going out for a take away instead

next day you find yourself again doing nothing much and the deadline is approching, you have a few hours but...yep your still in that lazily mood...

Think to yourself....if you don't do the coursework and do it well....it's harder to get the grades in the summer....which makes it more likely that you won't go to uni!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

that always works for me!

G

ReputationRep:
    I watched "The Hours" totally got me motiveted for an english assig. And "Good Will Hunting" very inspiring.

ReputationRep:
    I just put loads of importance on it- i.e. if I don't get a good grade on the coursework I'm gona get a crap grade overall, won't get into uni, blah blah blah ends up with my dying a poor old spinster! Seems to motivate me when I need it to!

ReputationRep:
    I have decided to start with something fun and easy and work my way up to the boring and complex stuff

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have any ways of doing it. Probably why I'm in my third year of a-levels. Although the thought of another year or just getting a full-time dead-end job is the best motivation I've had yet I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)

i'm like that, only i spent too much time on here.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a lazy slob as well but I find taking a shower then working helps...a cool shower, not warm.
    In ringtones, what's the difference between mono and poly?

BB
    I love your avatar..

ReputationRep:
    Good exam results and a good University offer have motivated me this week..

ReputationRep:
    Ok here's one. How do I motivate myself to actually GO to college. It's been like ....3 weeks since I've been in and I've not been to Sociology since January. I mean they haven't pestered me because they know I can do well without being there but I really feel I should go.
    I can't get up in the morning and also I often don't have the cash to get there.

Any takers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    Ok here's one. How do I motivate myself to actually GO to college. It's been like ....3 weeks since I've been in and I've not been to Sociology since January. I mean they haven't pestered me because they know I can do well without being there but I really feel I should go.
    I can't get up in the morning and also I often don't have the cash to get there.

Any takers?
    There's not long to go now till the A Levels are all over- the harder everyone works now, the better the summer will be (I intend to spend a good few weeks just sun bathing in the back garden )

ReputationRep:
    if anyone discoveres the answer...please inform me because with less than 72 hours to my next set of uni exams i havnt started revising!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    if anyone discoveres the answer...please inform me because with less than 72 hours to my next set of uni exams i havnt started revising!

love Katy ***
    I was just going to say that i have a little look at the kings website and remind myself I need x grade to get in and that does the trick.

If the work isnt on the computer, i strongly suggest shutting it down whilst you get on with it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)

Any takers?
    You will have to go in to uni. May as well get into the habit of getting up in the morning as well, it's quite useful as you'll suddenly have a few extra hours in the day to do things. !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionah)
    I was just going to say that i have a little look at the kings website and remind myself I need x grade to get in and that does the trick.

If the work isnt on the computer, i strongly suggest shutting it down whilst you get on with it!!

sadly that wont work for me...if i get 0% for these exams it just means i have to get a min of 30% at the next set....just not to resit.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    what i do is go on an organising spree...i work out what i need to do, make sure i know when its due in and make sure i have the info needed

then i write a checklist of "to do" important stuff first or easy stuff leading up to hard stuff, i might even write how long it should take. i then stick it on a piece of paper next to my alarm clock every morning. i soon get guilty and get on with it, but by then i normally have to hand it in the next day so its rushed...but hey it gets done.

p.s: the above will waste time like no end, but it helps clarify things in my mind.

p.p.s

one horrible example is my history cwk, she didnt give us a deadline cus we had months till it needs to be sent off. so therefore i went a bit insane trying to motivate myself for something i didnt know when to hand in for, always putting it off day by day. finally it is "done" just needs tiding up/concluding properly. in the end i forced her into giving the class a deadline so i would feel the pressure and do it, i was saying "miss, i need a deadline so i can do it the night before...!"

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.