Turn on thread page Beta

is there internet connections in london intercollegiate halls? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    they don't state on their websites whether the rooms are connected to the net. i'd hate the idea of not having internet access at uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *boo*)
    they don't state on their websites whether the rooms are connected to the net. i'd hate the idea of not having internet access at uni.
    LOL.......oh Boo! i don't really know any unis without connections to net.....i'm sure they'll have it!

(Original post by wonkey)
    LOL.......oh Boo! i don't really know any unis without connections to net.....i'm sure they'll have it!
    They usually provide you with a connection to the University net but only few universities provide free fast internet. The usually provide the crappy 1p/min 56k connection.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, all universities should have connections to the internet but I want to know if the actual rooms are connected. I know some people who have to go to the computer clusters or library at uni to use the net because their rooms don't have a telephone line.

Anybody at the intercollegiate halls know if the rooms are connected up? I read somewhere that it says not to expect all rooms to have a telephone line.

(Original post by *boo*)

i think its doubtful, i read on anotha forum that only the college run halls contain internet connections not the intercollegiate ones

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.