Abc54321
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hello all,

I joined a big 4 in sept, passed my TC exams (a couple of my marks were a bit wobbly) and I'm due to start TPS in march and take the exams in June. From what I've heard, TPS is horrible - esp ABS! I'm fearing TPS already since a fair few of the grads who joined in the year before me got fired for failing the exams.

Any advice from people who have done TPS? I made notes for everything in TC but obviously this was quite time time consuming and I'm not sure it would be the best approach again. Which bits from TC are the most relevant for TPS?

thanks
muhammedk
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Abc54321)
Hello all,

I joined a big 4 in sept, passed my TC exams (a couple of my marks were a bit wobbly) and I'm due to start TPS in march and take the exams in June. From what I've heard, TPS is horrible - esp ABS! I'm fearing TPS already since a fair few of the grads who joined in the year before me got fired for failing the exams.

Any advice from people who have done TPS? I made notes for everything in TC but obviously this was quite time time consuming and I'm not sure it would be the best approach again. Which bits from TC are the most relevant for TPS?

thanks
Soo I know it's been nearly 3 years since you put up this thread and in the meantime I hope you passed your exams and qualified. Can you or anyone give any hints/suggestions as to passing these exams?

I've been talking to a few people who recently passed abs and FR and they sound horrible.. Can you pass!? If so, how?

Thanks
MindtheGAAP
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Having sat TPS in 2006 (EY, 13 week block) with first time passes on ABS/Tax/FR (hard failed AF but passed on resit) my advice would be...1. Concentrate in class2. Reinforce what you have done each day in the evening3. Focus on the meatier bits from the week on weekends4. Make the most of revision for mocks along the way5. Don't get lost in the woods for the trees as you get to the back end of the course (i.e. drive yourself mad over the intricacies of VAT at the expense of the remainder of the syllabus)6. Don't bother making detailed notes - I stopped doing this after a short period - focus on doing the worked examples in the class materials and then question practice non-stop7. hit the ground running from day 1. I had colleagues who did not and they bombed out. You cannot play catch up, the volume of learning and pace of delivery prevents this8. recognise when your body tells you to take a break.9. dont cut corners - anything and everything can come up10. mark accumulation in the exams.11. just keep at it - it is a test of stamina as much as anything else and take in the fact that once it is over, there is just one paper to go.12. ABS is a pain.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
20.21%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
11.7%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.32%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (16)
17.02%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (23)
24.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
21.28%

Watched Threads