socialworkxxx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey guys really struggling to find any information on current social work issues? Can anyone help? Thanks guys x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Soph.Jade
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm in a community mental health team and the biggest issue they have is finance/budgets etc
socialworkxxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Soph.Jade)
I'm in a community mental health team and the biggest issue they have is finance/budgets etc
Thank you Just trying to gather as much information as possible for my interview next week :O x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Soph.Jade
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by socialworkxxx)
Thank you Just trying to gather as much information as possible for my interview next week :O x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw best of luck! you could also mention that sometimes people need help with ss issues but ss are unable to help as their main problems may relate to alcohol/drugs etc so they can't be supported until they detox but may have urgent issues.
socialworkxxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Soph.Jade)
Aw best of luck! you could also mention that sometimes people need help with ss issues but ss are unable to help as their main problems may relate to alcohol/drugs etc so they can't be supported until they detox but may have urgent issues.
Ah great thanks for the advice I am soooo nervous! I'm worried about the case studies, I'm worried about the actual interview arghhhh basically worried and nervous about everything lol! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Soph.Jade
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by socialworkxxx)
Ah great thanks for the advice I am soooo nervous! I'm worried about the case studies, I'm worried about the actual interview arghhhh basically worried and nervous about everything lol! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw, if they're like the interviewees for nursing they'll try to put you at ease. It might be worth having a look at the regulators (hcpc I think?)
username861942
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have a look at community care, there is quite a lot of current SW news and issues on there. I remember talking to a SW recently and they say an issue was maintaining a Social Work identity in a multi disciplinary team - as these are becoming more common in health and mental health settings.
addymcfaddy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Funding is usually one of the main issues.

Ad
socialworkxxx
Rep:
?
Thanks for the advice guys! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
marxism
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Www.communitycare.co.uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
social work stud
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
could some please Tell me about the current issues in social care?
Answer:
sophieleannexo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by social work stud)
could some please Tell me about the current issues in social care?
Answer:
Look on the community care website or guardian social care network.

Posted from TSR Mobile
banter25
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you need to look up things for yourself this is no way to get into social care work by asking what or were are thing you need to read local and externel works so you can achieve this goal by yourself ...go for it url x
colleen1988
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Im struggling to, I have a current themes assignment. Im thinking about going with Direct work with children as its still being commissioned out to not profit organisations when serious case review's state that SW's should be having more contact with children. To my knowledge this is not happening as much as it should be.
Pixsoul
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The issues may vary depending on the area you work in.

Social work within voluntary or charitable organisations may have issues with funding. In a statutory setting, it could be excessive case loads.

As others have said, Community Care is a good place to start, as is BASW (http://www.basw.co.uk)
rlthomas123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the fact that the government is failing to reverse austerity effects and is making new plans that will reduce services further. For example, proposing to remove women's refuges from the welfare system, putting the lives of women and children at risk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed