Turn on thread page Beta

ocr chemistry as results unit 1 chemistry for life watch

ReputationRep:
    i thought i at least got a c in my ocr salters chemistry exam then got the resuly back and only got a d one mark of a c. i found the paper easy and was really upset when i got a d. do u think i should get a remark? it was 53/90 and i hav to get 54/90 to get a c.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Cake)
    i thought i at least got a c in my ocr salters chemistry exam then got the resuly back and only got a d one mark of a c. i found the paper easy and was really upset when i got a d. do u think i should get a remark? it was 53/90 and i hav to get 54/90 to get a c.
    I did that exam too. got 68. You practically got a C, the mark counts towards the final grade remember. You could get a remark if you like but it might not change, have you considered retaking it in June? Its the easiet module so compared to this one (M, PR and A) it should seem easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Cake)
    yea i thought this paper last year was easy, got a low B tho , but it is marks that count, my advise is to retake next year if possible as u will know alot more general chemisty.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

i found this with UNIT 2 (Chains & Rings) - i thought i done really well, compared to what i done the first time round (it was a resit to try and get more points)....the first time i done the exam, i didnt really understand a lot of things, and i wasnt sure on the mechanisms and reagents/conditions. This time around, i knew almost everything down to a T, but when i got my results back, i got 59/90 - C, and the first time round i got 60/90! I knew i had done better in the exam, but everyone in my class including myself had went down in marks...i dont understand why? Maybe they were marking more harshly, or perhaps marking some of us down? I told my teacher about my concerns, and she also agreed with me - so the whole class is getting a remark...

OCR better be playing fair

Peter

ReputationRep:
    RE-SIT! i'm in A2 and last year i got two D's in my papers. I re-sat them in january and although this meant revision over christmas i worked my ass off and got high B's. With my A for practical my AS is now about 12 marks off an A. You will find that more experience and a broader knowledge of chemistry over the following months will really help and pay off. As many have already said it's the mark not the grade that is important and believe me, it is better to relieve some pressure by upping your marks now. A2 is a little more demanding. Good luck.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.