Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got my forms through the other day, there were a hell of a lot of bits of paper but anyway.....

In the form it asks first which University you WANT to go to and the address and stuff. Do you have to wait until you get all your replies before you write in this?

Also it says which bank account you'd like it paid into, I thought you got student bank accounts much later than 2nd July, or do I get one now?

Where can I find information about student loans that's objective?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    *poke*
    Answer Me!

ReputationRep:
    Put in the address of the university you feel you are most likely to go to. That means first choice. But do get in contact with them if there is going to be any changes to that. I think that they don't have too much of a care what you are studying or where you are studying it unless you fit in to the exceptions (you are going to be studying in Scotland or London or you are going to be studying Medicine or a related subject (Nursing etc.)).

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you necessarily have to wait till you get all your replies, cos you can always change your uni/course details.

ReputationRep:
    Ok that's cool. What about the bank accounts?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I found a site

http://www.support4learning.org.uk/m...udent.htm#bank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    Ooh I found a site

http://www.support4learning.org.uk/m...udent.htm#bank
    ARGHH IT all got confusing at the bottom :mad:

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i seem to remember they keep sending those bank account forms about once every couple of months or so until september so theres no problem changing that aswell. you wont be able to open a student bank account until you have a firm acceptance offer from ucas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stu673)
    yeah, i seem to remember they keep sending those bank account forms about once every couple of months or so until september so theres no problem changing that aswell. you wont be able to open a student bank account until you have a firm acceptance offer from ucas.
    OK thank you that's Über helpful!
    Hey look when I'm 60 I'm going to be earning lots

http://www.studentmoney.org/pls/mon/...=&career_id=14

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHA I just realised one of the job titles is "PRIME MINISTER"

ReputationRep:
    Is it the higher education forms you have to fill in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Is it the higher education forms you have to fill in?
    It's the application for a student loan ones, so I assume yeah.
    Even my mum who's an accountant doesn't get them

ReputationRep:
    Your school/college may have sessions where you can get advice on filling the form in. I know that my school had a drop-in session where you could bring the form and get advice from the people from the LEA on how to fill in any bits you are having difficulty with. Might be worth checking out if you have that option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommorris)
    Your school/college may have sessions where you can get advice on filling the form in. I know that my school had a drop-in session where you could bring the form and get advice from the people from the LEA on how to fill in any bits you are having difficulty with. Might be worth checking out if you have that option.
    That's probably a good idea actually.
    I'm more confused about the whole which bank account thing though. Do I need a cheque book etc?
    I'm like the only person I know at college applying to University at the moment so I'll just have to go into the careers office at college on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    I had mine deposited in a cashcard account, but you can put it in any current account. The first loan cheque comes through as a cheque to your institution, but the later ones go direct. You can always put it in an ordinary account now, and then get your bank to change it to a student account as and when the time comes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    That's probably a good idea actually.
    I'm more confused about the whole which bank account thing though. Do I need a cheque book etc?
    I'm like the only person I know at college applying to University at the moment so I'll just have to go into the careers office at college on Monday.
    my advice would be...to open a normal account now, put that as the account to put the loan into and then in Aug/ Sept change that accoutn to your student account.

love Katy ***

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.