The Student Room Group

Dropping out of university

I'm currently studying Health & Social policies at University of Glasgow but I've applied to study Social Work at University of West of Scotland this September. The buildings are right next to each other in the same campus and they are aware of me applying there.
However my current course is getting me depressed, I hate it with a passion and I have no intention of passing it.
I was considering going to UWS building next week enquiring about my application and how it would be affected if I happen to drop out.
Might I add that I haven't heard anything about my application yet, I'm still waiting on receiving a rejection or getting an interview.

Do you think they will accept changes in my application this late? It's getting me so stressed out; I can't sleep, I feel like I can't talk to my family about it, I've put on weight because I'm that stressed. I don't know what to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Katiekj25
I'm currently studying Health & Social policies at University of Glasgow but I've applied to study Social Work at University of West of Scotland this September. The buildings are right next to each other in the same campus and they are aware of me applying there.
However my current course is getting me depressed, I hate it with a passion and I have no intention of passing it.
I was considering going to UWS building next week enquiring about my application and how it would be affected if I happen to drop out.
Might I add that I haven't heard anything about my application yet, I'm still waiting on receiving a rejection or getting an interview.

Do you think they will accept changes in my application this late? It's getting me so stressed out; I can't sleep, I feel like I can't talk to my family about it, I've put on weight because I'm that stressed. I don't know what to

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll need to contact UWS and ask them about that. They may well be taking into consideration how you perform this year into whether or not they invite you to interview and subsequently get an offer or not. You must tell them if you drop out but before that I would ask them how it would effect your application.
Reply 2
Original post by Ecosse_14
You'll need to contact UWS and ask them about that. They may well be taking into consideration how you perform this year into whether or not they invite you to interview and subsequently get an offer or not. You must tell them if you drop out but before that I would ask them how it would effect your application.

I actually spoke to them today! They said that they are going to look over my qualifications and my personal statement and give me a call some time this week. They are aware I have the qualifications, it's just the case of speaking to the head of Social Work.
The woman I spoke to said she understands that it would be pointless finishing my first year if I've already got the qualifications, and that if there's any skills I could have learned about essay writing or presentations then I would have picked up on them by now.
So overall it's looking really promising :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Katiekj25
I actually spoke to them today! They said that they are going to look over my qualifications and my personal statement and give me a call some time this week. They are aware I have the qualifications, it's just the case of speaking to the head of Social Work.
The woman I spoke to said she understands that it would be pointless finishing my first year if I've already got the qualifications, and that if there's any skills I could have learned about essay writing or presentations then I would have picked up on them by now.
So overall it's looking really promising :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Ecosse_14
Cool, good luck! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest