Turn on thread page Beta

The Metrolink watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    this is really for people from manchester only, but what do you think of the metrolink and do you think it should extend to more places, such as stockport, wilmslow and manchester airport
    does anyone know anything about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will1y2)
    this is really for people from manchester only, but what do you think of the metrolink and do you think it should extend to more places, such as stockport, wilmslow and manchester airport
    does anyone know anything about it?
    I think it should yes. It is quite limited actually and I'd like to explore more places..

They should also make the trams more regular, it's terrible in rush hour.

ReputationRep:
    It's insane how busy it gets, and can cause infinite frustration. But it's a load quicker than getting the bus. It's expensive, and their ticket inspectors seem to think they're secret police of some sort. But I think it's excellent that it will extended all over the city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    It's insane how busy it gets, and can cause infinite frustration. But it's a load quicker than getting the bus. It's expensive, and their ticket inspectors seem to think they're secret police of some sort. But I think it's excellent that it will extended all over the city.
    So they're extending it? I can't say I've heard anything about that..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    So they're extending it? I can't say I've heard anything about that..
    Yup, should look more like this in a few years.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe we're going to have a stop called "Manchester United."

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe we're going to have a stop called "Manchester United."
    I can't believe they're making a stop called "Abraham Moss"

I'm glad about the Didsbury bit though. By the time it's ready I will have got a car though.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe they're making a stop called "Abraham Moss"

I'm glad about the Didsbury bit though. By the time it's ready I will have got a car though.
    Lol I wonder why they're renaming it, that's got to be Wooland's road?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I wonder why they're renaming it, that's got to be Wooland's road?
    Ah yeah, maybe.

It looks good, I spose they have to rely on the private sector though, there's a chance that it might not go ahead.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah, maybe.

It looks good, I spose they have to rely on the private sector though, there's a chance that it might not go ahead.
    Yeah I know the government is saying that if the budget goes above what it is already then they're pulling out. Because they're funding most of it. It would be kind of silly to cancel now though, because I've seen some of the development and tunnels they've built out in east manchester.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.