Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    I certainly dont think that most of the newer members would agree to get rid of it. Its not really a problem with rep thats just the tip of the iceberg its the forum as a whole.

If I could find a similar active forum I would personally have left by now because of the decline of interesting people to talk to and the increase in moaning threads and nonesense posts are really putting me off.

come on that soap thread was pretty cool :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I certainly dont think that most of the newer members would agree to get rid of it. Its not really a problem with rep thats just the tip of the iceberg its the forum as a whole.

If I could find a similar active forum I would personally have left by now because of the decline of interesting people to talk to and the increase in moaning threads and nonesense posts are really putting me off.
    I'm a newer member and I say scrap it. If you ignore the "Main" section of the forum there are plenty of reasonable threads to post on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    pardon?? did you say bono?
    *cough* yes *cough*

Oh, if they got rid of rep, how could I pay tribute to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    *cough* yes *cough*

Oh, if they got rid of rep, how could I pay tribute to you?
    send me a pm sayin how wonderful i am???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    I'm a newer member and I say scrap it. If you ignore the "Main" section of the forum there are plenty of reasonable threads to post on!
    such as? This forum was far more debate based when I joined.

Its very rare that the academic stuff applies to me because its mainly A Level based, the uni section isnt exactly full of posts I can answer and the debating threads are going downhill especially because it looks like Vienna has left who at least could be guaranteed to post something that you could argue one way or the other against and was coherent.

ReputationRep:
    The rep ringleaders are running a cartel.

ReputationRep:
    the whole rep thing is crap, some of the things i have bad rep for are just stupid, other forums don't need the system so why is it so important

ReputationRep:

Its very rare that the academic stuff applies to me because its mainly A Level based, the uni section isnt exactly full of posts I can answer and the debating threads are going downhill especially because it looks like Vienna has left who at least could be guaranteed to post something that you could argue one way or the other against and was coherent.
    Hmm possibly, as I said I'm new so I don't know about "the old days". Perhaps if you more experienced members actually started more "acceptable" threads instead of just complaining about the lack of them maybe things would pick up.

ReputationRep:

Agreed, and as many members have pointed out the whole place has become somewhat of a shambles. Shambles which restrict many of the older members coming on due to the 'server busy messages', the amount of crap being posted is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Agreed, and as many members have pointed out the whole place has become somewhat of a shambles. Shambles which restrict many of the older members coming on due to the 'server busy messages', the amount of crap being posted is ridiculous.
    yep and you cant even keep the good threads going because they get lost in the mass of crap meaningless ones such as - what clothes do you wear and do you think i should become a mod.

ReputationRep:
    *cough* bono! *cough*
    Do you ever stop talking about me?

Whenver I read a post of yours you always seems to be discussing me or saying something about me. Lose the obsession.

The amount of times you have mentioned me in your posts is just scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)

Whenver I read a post of yours you always seems to be discussing me or saying something about me. Lose the obsession.

That's right, bono. I'm obsessed. I want to marry you and have your babies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)

Maybe he likes you???

G

ReputationRep:
    See!!! I was right!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    The babies are already yours.

ReputationRep:
    No I'm being serious, I believe about 50% of your recent posts would include me or have something to do with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    No I'm being serious, I believe about 50% of your recent posts would include me or have something to do with me.
    Let's just say it's a subject that I feel strongly about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    You got a stalker, run RUN RUN like the wind.

ReputationRep:
    Actually...bono has a good point...why do you seem to dislike bono so much??

Please don't hurt me!!

G

ReputationRep:
    Yes I know, yet in the past you make out as if you don't care. Clearly you do, if many of your posts revolve around me.

I remember you once said that you don't care about my rep, yet you constantl whinge about it as if it is the end of the world.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.