The Student Room Group

should i accept this job offer (pharmacist)

check out this reply, what do you think for 45 hours a week.?? Im newly qualified.
I have two vacancies to fill between now and 1st April in Burslem, Stoke on Trent. Salary for both is between £22,000-£25000 depending of CPPE accreditation. Two year contract.

The hours for one is Monday to Friday 9.00am to 6.15pm, Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm.

The other is Monday 1.45pm to 24.00, Tuesday to Friday 4.15pm to 24.00, Saturday 8.30am to 3.00pm.

I can help with the accommodation very close to the pharmacy you will be working in.

If acceptable to you, I will need to verify your spoken English by way of telephone call and we can proceed to signing the contract in readiness for starting on due date.
Those hours look like suicide
You must be an OSPAP right?

looking at those hours, you'll be earning between £8-£10 per hour. Better off working at mcdonalds
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by pharmasaurus
You must be an OSPAP right?

looking at those hours, you'll be earning between £8-£10 per hour. Better off working at mcdonalds

No
done A levels AABB
gone to school of pharmacy UCL!!

mcdonalds or better still be bus driver, how sad after 5 years and 30000+ in debt
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ibs18
No
done A levels AABB
gone to school of pharmacy UCL!!

mcdonalds or better still be bus driver, how sad after 5 years and 30000+ in debt

Where did you complete your pre-reg? Do you not have a lot of experience?
Reply 5
Original post by pharmasaurus
Where did you complete your pre-reg? Do you not have a lot of experience?

summer placements in Royal london hospital and super drug pharmmacy so have both hospital and community experience
pre-reg with middle size multiple
Original post by ibs18
check out this reply, what do you think for 45 hours a week.?? Im newly qualified.
I have two vacancies to fill between now and 1st April in Burslem, Stoke on Trent. Salary for both is between £22,000-£25000 depending of CPPE accreditation. Two year contract.

The hours for one is Monday to Friday 9.00am to 6.15pm, Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm.

The other is Monday 1.45pm to 24.00, Tuesday to Friday 4.15pm to 24.00, Saturday 8.30am to 3.00pm.

I can help with the accommodation very close to the pharmacy you will be working in.

If acceptable to you, I will need to verify your spoken English by way of telephone call and we can proceed to signing the contract in readiness for starting on due date.

No, this must be a joke many pharmacy ACT get more than that in community , it is devaluing the profession with that kind of salary. We are healthcare professional and have much responsibility......... The standard rate should be at least £16-17 /hour , 52 weeks , 37.5 hr/wk , hence it should be £31.2K- 33.2K/ year .

There must be a typo in the contract you received and should have been £32,000-35,000 , or they might try to trick you. No pharmacist should accept an offer like this , they are clearly taking advantage due to the high number of graduates ;

We are not that desperate YET !!
(edited 11 years ago)
''The other is Monday 1.45pm to 24.00, Tuesday to Friday 4.15pm to 24.00, Saturday 8.30am to 3.00pm.''

What kind of working condition is this ? They must be taking the pi*s , this make me so angry they would even consider offering those hours....
Reply 8
Original post by DentalLondon
''The other is Monday 1.45pm to 24.00, Tuesday to Friday 4.15pm to 24.00, Saturday 8.30am to 3.00pm.''

What kind of working condition is this ? They must be taking the pi*s , this make me so angry they would even consider offering those hours....

sadly this is a new trend

another job 3 weeks back
Birmingham a new internet pharmacy and blister packs preparation and checking @£12/h for 40 hours a week i.e 24something a year, i can forward the emails to anyone who wants to see them !
Reply 9
Original post by ibs18
Salary for both is between £22,000-£25000 depending of CPPE accreditation. Two year contract.

That is really sad, can we pretend it might be a typo? What is sadder is somebody will accept those hours and that salary.

However, if the accomodation is decent and free then it wouldn't be such a bad deal.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by jami74
That is really sad, can we pretend it might be a typo? What is sadder is somebody will accept those hours and that salary.

However, if the accommodation is decent and free then it wouldn't be such a bad deal.

there is nothing called free rent, i guess he want to rent out a property he owns ..lol

i worked with Spanish pharmacist doing experiencing. she told me she used to earn little above 1000euros a month in spain

so yea, there will be takers
Original post by ibs18
there is nothing called free rent, i guess he want to rent out a property he owns ..lol

i worked with Spanish pharmacist doing experiencing. she told me she used to earn little above 1000euros a month in spain

so yea, there will be takers

Yes, the market is getting saturated , and those pharmacists flooding in from the rest of the EU does not help the problem .......... They would work for much lower salary and more accommodating to the hours . The employers in this current time would only look and employ those pharmacists whom would take the lowest wage ; many employers would not even give a damn in how much knowledge , experience, university , what hons , extra curriculum , skills the person got ..........but hiring pharmacists who are wiling to accept less than 25K/year and willing to be treated like dirt. It is such a shame that the employers (whom most likely to be pharmacists) would take advantage of this crisis and helping to bring their own profession down.
Hey guys, Could you tell me the difference b/w MSc & PG Diploma in OSPAP? Till when can we apply to GPhC for Sept 2015 intake? I'm waiting for my MPharm IIyr certificates and transcript so I haven't had the chance to send in my application to GPhC.. How ws ur experience and everyth about OSPAP and pre-reg training?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending