Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is the e-mail I'm sending to my first choice University. I forgot to tell them I'm dropping Spanish. I just want to know if it sounds alright.

To whom it may concern,
    my name is Danielle Robinson (UCAS xx-xxxxx-x) and I had an interview for the Journalism BA at LCC on the 12th March. Whilst in the interview I forgot to tell my interviewer that I will not be taking the AS Spanish exam due to ill health. Having only done a crash course in Spanish and then carrying on to AS I was rather behind the rest of my class. I then contracted glandular fever in the November of last year and it affected my attendance (Though I had a doctors note) . My teacher said she isn't going to put my exam application in because even though I had tried to catch up I wasn't up to the standard that she believed I needed to be in order to take the exam. I apologise for not informing you of this during the interview and could you please could you make a note of this.
    I hope this doesn't affect my application in anyway,

yours faithfully,
    Danielle Robinson (xx-xxxxx-x)

ReputationRep:
    You've started 7 threads in the past 3 hours.

ReputationRep:
    sounds impressive...

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    This is the e-mail I'm sending to my first choice University. I forgot to tell them I'm dropping Spanish. I just want to know if it sounds alright.

To whom it may concern,
    my name is Danielle Robinson (UCAS xx-xxxxx-x) and I had an interview for the Journalism BA at LCC on the 12th March. Whilst in the interview I forgot to tell my interviewer that I will not be taking the AS Spanish exam due to ill health. Having only done a crash course in Spanish and then carrying on to AS I was rather behind the rest of my class. I then contracted glandular fever in the November of last year and it affected my attendance (Though I had a doctors note) . My teacher said she isn't going to put my exam application in because even though I had tried to catch up I wasn't up to the standard that she believed I needed to be in order to take the exam. I apologise for not informing you of this during the interview and could you please could you make a note of this.
    I hope this doesn't affect my application in anyway,

yours faithfully,

and could you please could you make a note of this ---> could you please make a note of this

apart from this i think it is fine

ReputationRep:
    sounds good to me

ReputationRep:
    As it's a journalism course, make sure you include the apostrophe in doctor's note.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    SO?
    Does that really matter?
    What is your problem with me? Jeez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    As it's a journaism course, make sure you include the apostrophe in doctor's note.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    why do you always point out about people starting excessive threads...etc :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree, but it matters if it is a thread with a good point.

ReputationRep:
    Capitals for "My name is" and "Yours faithfully"?

And the kisses at the bottom might be seen as sucking up a bit hehe

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    You don't need to repeat your UCAS number.. also your in your last sentence, it should be "any way" and not just one word .

ReputationRep:
    SO?
    Does that really matter?
    Just pointing something out. That you chose to take offence reflects on your psyche.

ReputationRep:
    (Though I had a doctors note)
    I'd get rid of this bit...seems unnecessary.

yours faithfully,
    and I would only include the UCAS number once, at the top. no need for it here as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)

And the kisses at the bottom might be seen as sucking up a bit hehe
    That is actually incredibly funny.

ReputationRep:
    SO?
    Does that really matter?
    Dont mess with Mr White!!!

ReputationRep:
    Dont tell them I say, if theyre gonna give you an unconditional offer, wait for it to come through, then tell them..

ReputationRep:
    Lots of grammatical/spelling errors here, as outlined by others.

Space before "I hope", and yours should have a capital...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Dont tell them I say, if theyre gonna give you an unconditional offer, wait for it to come through, then tell them..
    I agree. This may cause more problems.

ReputationRep:
    You should really lose the contractions (wasn't, isn't) too.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.