On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Student Nurses 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by kirstymc1988
I'm doing Dual Adult and Mental Health Nursing,so excited! Just need to get good reults in my access course now! Have you firmed yet? I'm just waiting on Nottingham getting back to me then I'm going to firm and hopefully get accomodation sorted! Have you looked at accomdation yet? :smile:

Good luck for your results! When do you hear? :-)
I deferred last year so i'm already firmed and unconditional for southampton! :biggrin: Im about to do accommodation now! Any idea what kinda accommodation you want? x
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 81
Has anyone applied for the pgdip course and deffered until next april? I haven't heard a thing from them yet :frown:
Original post by Hannah-xo
Oooh, they're good choices! I need to do mine! I keep meaning to do it and keep forgetting! I think I'm going for an ensuite room, fingers crossed I get it! Are you excited?! :smile:

Oh i am super super SUPER excited :P
Sent off my occupational health form last week.... eep. Its so far away! :biggrin:

Original post by pulhamburger
Hi, could anyone help me with applying for accommodation? It says I need a student ID number or something and I have no idea where to find it haha. Does anyone know? :smile:

It is also on the letter you received for interview... if you still have that lying around :wink:
Original post by Hannah-xo
Good luck for your results! When do you hear? :-)
I deferred last year so i'm already firmed and unconditional for southampton! :biggrin: Im about to do accommodation now! Any idea what kinda accommodation you want? x

Aw thankyou, I have exams end of May and get my results in June or July hopefully! I'm thinking Glen Eyre as its pretty close to campus, where are you thinking?
Reply 84
eeekkk I got an offer for Dual Adult and Mental Health Nursing at Southampton,over the moon! Anyone else got an offer for this course to start Sept 2013?:smile:

Heyyy I have a conditional offer for the Adult/Mental health course in September! Haven't found like anyone else yet for the same course haha. Are you going to be staying in halls? x
Reply 85
Original post by ljasmine
Heyyy I have a conditional offer for the Adult/Mental health course in September! Haven't found like anyone else yet for the same course haha. Are you going to be staying in halls? x

I also have a place for the duel Adult/Mental Health course in September going to firm this weekend!
So excited, planning to stay in halls hopefully an ensuite not sure what halls yet, do they put nurses together do you know?
Unfortunately I can't make the pre course day on the 18th July as I am away
Reply 86
Original post by Robair65
I also have a place for the duel Adult/Mental Health course in September going to firm this weekend!
So excited, planning to stay in halls hopefully an ensuite not sure what halls yet, do they put nurses together do you know?
Unfortunately I can't make the pre course day on the 18th July as I am away������

Yay congrats :smile: I haven't firmed yet but I'm pretty sure I'm going to very soon. I think I remember them saying they don't house the nurses together and you go wherever you want, but I really want an ensuite haha so probably going for the cheapest one for that which is wessex lane I think. I'm not sure when you can apply with a conditional offer x
Reply 87
Yay congrats :smile: I haven't firmed yet but I'm pretty sure I'm going to very soon. I think I remember them saying they don't house the nurses together and you go wherever you want, but I really want an ensuite haha so probably going for the cheapest one for that which is wessex lane I think. I'm not sure when you can apply with a conditional offer x

I think you can apply for accommodation as soon as you firm, it's not a first come first served which is good so there is no hurry. I think the challenge is student finance by the looks of things!!!!!
Reply 88
Just firmed for Mental Health/Adult Nursing, applied for accommodation as well!!
Looking forward to September :smile:
Reply 89
Just firmed for Mental Health/Adult Nursing, applied for accommodation as well!!
Looking forward to September :smile:

Woo :smile: I'm just looking at accommodation now.
Does anyone know how many weeks the course is, I thought it was 47 but I've heard some people saying 45, just want to know so I can look at costs.
Which halls have you applied for? :smile:
Reply 90
Woo :smile: I'm just looking at accommodation now.
Does anyone know how many weeks the course is, I thought it was 47 but I've heard some people saying 45, just want to know so I can look at costs.
Which halls have you applied for? :smile:

I applied for a standard contract, they told us on the selection day not
to get a long contract, I think that when you rent in the 2nd year those contracts start in the 1st July so hopefully I can move from halls to private renting.
I have put down Wessex lane and Glen Eyre in a mix of rooms both ensuite and enhanced, what about you?

Aw cool me either,think because theres only 12 of us for the Dual Adult/Mental Health so its pretty good to find at least another person, I also met a girl at the selection day who got an offer and we're in touch. Always good to know some people before we go. Yes I jus put my application in for halls there, applied for basically enhanced and ensuite rooms in Glen Ayre, Wessex Lane and Small Halls,hoping to get Glen Ayre though. Are you going to be staying in halls?:smile:
Unfortunately I can't make the pre course day on the 18th July as I am away������

Yayy 2 people that are on the Dual course!:smile: No thats whats so good about Southampton Halls, nurses aren't all put together so you get a chance to get to know other students from different courses. I'm hoping to go to the pre course day in July,if I do I'l let you know as much info as I can.
Reply 93
Aw cool me either,think because theres only 12 of us for the Dual Adult/Mental Health so its pretty good to find at least another person, I also met a girl at the selection day who got an offer and we're in touch. Always good to know some people before we go. Yes I jus put my application in for halls there, applied for basically enhanced and ensuite rooms in Glen Ayre, Wessex Lane and Small Halls,hoping to get Glen Ayre though. Are you going to be staying in halls?:smile:

Yeah it'd be really good to get to know a few people who are going to be on the course before we start :smile: I think I'll be going to the July nursing day thingy so hopefully I will see you there. I haven't firmed or applied for halls yet gonna do it soon, I am hoping to get Wessex Lane ensuite because Glen Eyre is much more expensive eek! x
Reply 94
Original post by bekkrainbow
Oh i am super super SUPER excited :P
Sent off my occupational health form last week.... eep. Its so far away! :biggrin:

Waheyyy, check you out being so organised!! I still need to do that! Have you done your CRB check yet? I need to send off all my documents for that! It's annoying because I did all this last year and have to do it all again, same with Student Finance and NHS bursary and they are pains in the bum to do! :')
Roll on September though!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: x
Reply 95
I applied for a standard contract, they told us on the selection day not
to get a long contract, I think that when you rent in the 2nd year those contracts start in the 1st July so hopefully I can move from halls to private renting.
I have put down Wessex lane and Glen Eyre in a mix of rooms both ensuite and enhanced, what about you?

Hi there, sorry to butt in but i've been told to get a standard contract too! I've spoken to people are who are studying nursing there now and apparently standard is defo the way to go because you move out the beginning of July but apparently if theres any problems, its easy to sort out and extend and stuff so that put my mind at ease anyway! :smile: If you get a long contract then you're paying all summer and you'd have moved out and being students we wanna save as much money as we can! :wink:
Oh and I'm doing the same choices as you for accommodation! Good choice :tongue:! x
Reply 96
Aw thankyou, I have exams end of May and get my results in June or July hopefully! I'm thinking Glen Eyre as its pretty close to campus, where are you thinking?

Aw, i'm sure you'll be fine! I was waiting for my A Levels last year so I feel your pain of waiting! It's so nice once you've got your grades and know exactly what's happening though! :biggrin:
Yeah, I think Glen Eyre looks nice! I was giving accommodation in Small Halls called Hartley Grove last year and that looked nice too though, I really want an ensuite though so thats my main priority! :') I'm hoping in with some other nurses though as then at least you'd have people to walk to lectures with!! Have you decided what type of room you'd like? x
eeekkk I got an offer for Dual Adult and Mental Health Nursing at Southampton,over the moon! Anyone else got an offer for this course to start Sept 2013?:smile:

I got an offer for the dual adult and mental health course at southampton too! Have firmed it and my insurance is the adult nursing course at southampton..the admissions team there must think I'm so keen :tongue: so excited!! :biggrin:
Reply 98
Congratulations to everyone who has an offer at Southampton. I am a 1st year student so f you have any questions, fire away x
Reply 99
Original post by alelvin1992
Woah that's a long time! Have you received any information about where your placements will be? Or do we find out when we start in September? I don't really want to end up on the Isle of Wight haha!

Southampton's placement area is huge and you may not be in the same placement area. We found out where our first placement was in December, mine was at Winchester once we had given feedback our second placement is displayed and I'm in Southampton. Tbh you could have a placement on the island, so this is something that you do need to prepare yourself for. However, you are able to submit an extenuating circumstances form, but the criteria is quite limited x

Quick Reply