Turn on thread page Beta

Sport in Oxbridge? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    No, for us

Although I'm not buying it.
    Or, you could just have your father buy St. John's, and then use the house as a study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    Or, you could just have your father buy St. John's, and then use the house as a study.
    Er, not quite. It is losing moeny anyway so it wouldnt be 'financially appealing'.

And also we are getting a cat, and my mrs refuses to live anywhere without a garden.

ReputationRep:
    Er, not quite. It is losing moeny anyway so it wouldnt be 'financially appealing'.

And also we are getting a cat, and my mrs refuses to live anywhere without a garden.
    Are you actually married or just really housetrained?

No seriously, is living out your choice, or is it simply so that you can live together while you are at Cambridge? Personally I am quite looking forward to living in college, but then again I have been delaying moving out from my parents house because I'm going to England in October, so it is about time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    Are you actually married or just really housetrained?

No seriously, is living out your choice, or is it simply so that you can live together while you are at Cambridge? Personally I am quite looking forward to living in college, but then again I have been delaying moving out from my parents house because I'm going to England in October, so it is about time.
    lol no we arent married.

If I wasnt with my girlfriend I would stay at the college defo. Its just the way things have worked out. I went to AUS last year to watch the world cup, my mrs, said, right I'm coming with you. Now i'm doing work experience in Southampton and again, she said i'm coming with you. I'll probably miss out on some fun.

The way I llok at it is, I went to boarding school most of my life, being at a college is pretty similar so I have experienced pretty much what being in a college is like to an extent already.

ReputationRep:
    lol no we arent married.

If I wasnt with my girlfriend I would stay at the college defo. Its just the way things have worked out. I went to AUS last year to watch the world cup, my mrs, said, right I'm coming with you. Now i'm doing work experience in Southampton and again, she said i'm coming with you. I'll probably miss out on some fun.

The way I llok at it is, I went to boarding school most of my life, being at a college is pretty similar so I have experienced pretty much what being in a college is like to an extent already.
    Which World Cup was that, and who won??

Only joking

I am in the exact opposite situation from you. I have been living at home all of my life, and was with the same girl for almost four years. Now I'm free, and moving out (and to another country too).

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

As far as rugby goes Johns is unarguably the best at the moment. They beat everyone in the league (not sure who said that catz beat them). But other than that the best rugby colleges are Catz, Jesus, Downing and maybe Fitz.

Kickboxing can be done as a university sport catering from beginners to experts.

Other than that rowing is big at Caius, Trinity, Downing, Tit Hall and Johns.

For football the best would be Girton, Johns and maybe couple of others.

Just dont apply to Corpus, Christs, Kings, Homerton, and maybe a couple of others whos sport is pretty shocking.

If you're good enough to be university standard then it probably wont matter as that will normally not allow you to participate in college league games, only cuppers.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.