The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Advice for mature student

Hi I am posting on behalf of my partner.

He wants to know whether the SEFP would require him to have an A-Level in Biology so that he could then go on and do a BSc Genetics. He has A-Levels in Business (C) and Economics (B) and a HND in Business.

Could you advise him further as to how to successfully apply for a genetics course?

Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by pansypotter
Hi I am posting on behalf of my partner.

He wants to know whether the SEFP would require him to have an A-Level in Biology so that he could then go on and do a BSc Genetics. He has A-Levels in Business (C) and Economics (B) and a HND in Business.

Could you advise him further as to how to successfully apply for a genetics course?

Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

For mature students entering the SEFP course, the following is said about entry requirements:

"Applications from mature students, and from students studying vocational courses, will be considered on an individual basis, but applicants should note that this programme is generally not suitable for students who have taken vocational courses without substantial biology and/or chemistry content."

I would recommend that you drop an email to [email protected] as they will be able to give more detailed information.

Many thanks,

James
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending