**The Dynasty Warriors Appreciation Society** Watch

Sum Gai
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I'm sure many people will have been fans of Dynasty Warriors games on the PS2 but i don't know that many people (in the UK) who are Dynasty Warriors fans still. Dynasty Warriors 8 has been announced by Tecmo Koei, the company behind the series. So far the series has sold over 15m copies and is their most successful series to date. In fact DW7 the most recent edition broke into the top 10 games in the UK so i'm sure there must be some other fans out there. Dynasty Warriors 8 is the latest addition which will be released at the end of this month in Japan. It will be announced for an overseas release shortly after. Here is a trailer- So feel free to post here if you are a fan of any kind. Here are some features from the game-There will be more than 75 characters appearing in totalStory Mode is still faction-oriented and has seamless cutscenesThe mode will have online co-opDW8 will have more freedom in the stage's progress route, unlike DW7 which had a quite preset progress routeThere will be also what-if stories that consist of certain generals living beyond their actual lifespans There will be a selection of main characters to choose in some stagesFree Mode is returningCommander mode is like the xtreme mode from DW5: XLCharacters now have Three musou attacks, There is a new type of attacks/defense called 'Variable Counter' 'Storm Rush' and 'Awakening'
Tokyoround
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have 7: extreme legends. Pretty good but I do miss the ps2 style gameplay. Running around wiping out masses of soldiers is just so much fun.
The Assassin
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
8?! I thought empires was coming out?
jamiepango
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Dynasty Warriors 3 on the ps2 :woo:
Sum Gai
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tokyoround)
I have 7: extreme legends. Pretty good but I do miss the ps2 style gameplay. Running around wiping out masses of soldiers is just so much fun.
(Original post by jamiepango)
Dynasty Warriors 3 on the ps2 :woo:
Yeh the PS2 style gameplay was the best. So many good memories. I think one of the reasons i loved the older games was because there were not that many troops on the screen and they attacked much more frequently making the game harder and more tense. In the new ones it's more of a hack and slash through everything and that takes away the large expansive battlefield feeling to me.

(Original post by The Assassin)
8?! I thought empires was coming out?
It is, Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires is coming out at the end of this month in the West whilst DW8 is coming out in Japan. Empires has been out in Japan for a while already. It will take KOEI a long time to localise the game with English Dub etc... so we should see it over here sometime after, probably between May-November.
The Assassin
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sum Gai)
Yeh the PS2 style gameplay was the best. So many good memories. I think one of the reasons i loved the older games was because there were not that many troops on the screen and they attacked much more frequently making the game harder and more tense. In the new ones it's more of a hack and slash through everything and that takes away the large expansive battlefield feeling to me.

It is, Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires is coming out at the end of this month in the West whilst DW8 is coming out in Japan. Empires has been out in Japan for a while already. It will take KOEI a long time to localise the game with English Dub etc... so we should see it over here sometime after, probably between May-November.
Will we definitely see English dub for DW8 though? Apparently at E3 it was said they would be none!
Sum Gai
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Assassin)
Will we definitely see English dub for DW8 though? Apparently at E3 it was said they would be none!
There is no english dub for DW7: Empires. But i am sure there will be one for DW8 as it is their flagship game. The XL and Empires spin off have always been either Playstation exclusive or massively delayed in the west and they've never really sold well here. But each main game has a very high priority for KOEI in the west so they should dub it.

Plus there is no reason why we won't get it if they are releasing empires here this month.
The Assassin
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There is no english dub for DW7: Empires. But i am sure there will be one for DW8 as it is their flagship game. The XL and Empires spin off have always been either Playstation exclusive or massively delayed in the west and they've never really sold well here. But each main game has a very high priority for KOEI in the west so they should dub it.

Plus there is no reason why we won't get it if they are releasing empires here this month.
Awesome to hear! Thanks.
Sum Gai
Rep:
?
At the very least they will release it here with no dub but english menu. But like i said it should be dubbed. Especially since KOEI's net profit increased by 300% in the last year (yes 300%!!!!)

Here is a gameplay demo taken from Taipei game show in Taiwan for those who are interested. It is poor quality due to it being recorded by VCR but it's watchable-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...WvbL5TEY#t=65s
Feraligatr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Here are some features from the game-
There will be more than 75 characters appearing in total
Story Mode is still faction-oriented and has seamless cutscenes
The mode will have online co-op
DW8 will have more freedom in the stage's progress route, unlike DW7 which had a quite preset progress route
There will be also what-if stories that consist of certain generals living beyond their actual lifespans
There will be a selection of main characters to choose in some stages
Free Mode is returning
Commander mode is like the xtreme mode from DW5: XL
Characters now have Three musou attacks,
There is a new type of attacks/defense called 'Variable Counter' 'Storm Rush' and 'Awakening'
The problem with DW7 was there wasn't any free mode and the story was preset. Can't wait for 8
And who knows if players still have 2 weapons though, 1 sword or axe and an ex weapon?
Feraligatr
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

If it would release this month, wouldn't the website be up and running by now then??
Sum Gai
Rep:
?
(Original post by zhang-liao)
If it would release this month, wouldn't the website be up and running by now then??
There is- http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou7/

Bear in mind that the release this month is for Japan Only. it will be announced for an overseas release later.
Feraligatr
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There is- http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou7/

Bear in mind that the release this month is for Japan Only. it will be announced for an overseas release later.
Thanks for the information. Sorry I read the post wrong...
Sum Gai
Rep:
?
Thanks for the information. Sorry I read the post wrong...
No worries mate.

For those interested here is a trailer for Wu's story mode-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOT2S...ature=youtu.be
Jordan_1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Was very disappointed with 7. Everyone knows number 4 was the greatest!
Feraligatr
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jordan_1)
Was very disappointed with 7. Everyone knows number 4 was the greatest!
The only problems with 7 was that it had no free mode, jin was introduced (ruining the 3 kingdoms aspect) and lack of flexible story mode (even 6 had this option - if you died as Guan Yu in Fancheng, you go to Yi Ling, you go to Hanzhong)
Sum Gai
Rep:
?
The only problems with 7 was that it had no free mode, jin was introduced (ruining the 3 kingdoms aspect) and lack of flexible story mode (even 6 had this option - if you died as Guan Yu in Fancheng, you go to Yi Ling, you go to Hanzhong)
I do agree, 7 looked like it was on track to be a great game but fell down at the last hurdle with a few bad choices. I liked the overall concept of it though.

To be honest, 8 is what 7 should have been, every character now has a unique weapon, free mode has returned, there is a new commander mode, There are new attacks and musous, and it seems that graphics and draw distance is much better as well. Plus the story mode seems to be a lot more deeper.

I think if KOEI had taken a few more years to develop 7 and release it then it'd be a much better game and closer to what 8 is. But it's clear that KOEI's management set a target release date for 8 to come out before PS4 so they can capitalise on this current gen (PS3) sales wise. Thats why the differences are minimal and just what 7 should have been tbh.
Feraligatr
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think this thread name should be change Sum Gai to the official Dynasty Warriors Society.......
Sum Gai
Rep:
?
I think this thread name should be change Sum Gai to the official Dynasty Warriors Society.......
Good idea. ummm how do i do that...? Sorry noob here EDIT: nevermind, worked it out.

Hopefully there are more people on TSR that like Dynasty Warriors as well.

Does anyone here actually know the history of the three kingdoms period?
Feraligatr
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good idea. ummm how do i do that...? Sorry noob here EDIT: nevermind, worked it out.

Hopefully there are more people on TSR that like Dynasty Warriors as well.

Does anyone here actually know the history of the three kingdoms period?
Kongming Archives have a really in depth history to the period
Taken from Kongming Archives, written Jonothan Wu. Not my work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
14.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10.05%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.64%

Watched Threads