Turn on thread page Beta

Does any1 know anything about GCSE ICT watch

ReputationRep:
    My sis is havin a prob with databases (coursework)..
    Any ICT brains here???(p.s. i can't help her )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    My sis is havin a prob with databases (coursework)..
    Any ICT brains here???(p.s. i can't help her )
    What programme is she using and which aspects is she having problems with?

If you're more specific people are more likely to be able to make useful suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    What programme is she using and which aspects is she having problems with?

If you're more specific people are more likely to be able to make useful suggestions.
    AQA GSCE main coursework. on database i don't know how to analys the project or any kind of suggestions on the project

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pingo)
    AQA GSCE main coursework. on database i don't know how to analys the project or any kind of suggestions on the project
    anyone please............ :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pingo)
    Sorry, I'm still not entirely sure what you're after. Though that may be because I'm not all that familiar with doing databases myself (this is the first time I've done the work- I'm also having to make one for GCSE courswork).
    Do you mean she needs ideas for the project? Eg- what to input?
    If you do, people often make ones for cd/video collections etc, I'm doing an address book type one.
    Basically make one that will allow you to create tables, queries, reports, forms, relationships etc etc.

Or do you mean you need to know what to write up in the analysis? -If so, I have typed up all the subheadings etc for the write up around it and can get it on Tuesday and post it if that's what you're after.

If you're referring to a process then I'm not familiar with it, or just being a fool.

Try google.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Sorry, I'm still not entirely sure what you're after. Though that may be because I'm not all that familiar with doing databases myself (this is the first time I've done the work- I'm also having to make one for GCSE courswork).
    Do you mean she needs ideas for the project? Eg- what to input?
    If you do, people often make ones for cd/video collections etc, I'm doing an address book type one.
    Basically make one that will allow you to create tables, queries, reports, forms, relationships etc etc.

Or do you mean you need to know what to write up in the analysis? -If so, I have typed up all the subheadings etc for the write up around it and can get it on Tuesday and post it if that's what you're after.

If you're referring to a process then I'm not familiar with it, or just being a fool.

Try google.
    i'm zazy's sister pingo.
    i just need some kind of guide of what i have to 2 or an example. becuase the children in or class don't show their work 2 each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pingo)
    i'm zazy's sister pingo.
    i just need some kind of guide of what i have to 2 or an example. becuase the children in or class don't show their work 2 each other.
    Ok. So basically you need to make up your mind for what data you're going to input into your system.

Some examples would be, as I said, making a database of maybe the CDs or videos you have in your house, or as a mock up database for a company -eg Blockbuster- for which you would have records of films etc and records of customers, which you could then link. I daresay if you did some searches on the net you could find a list of ideas.

Once you know what you plan on doing, you need to gather and input your data into tables, perhaps using forms.
    -You need to create and label fields for the information. So, say if you did one for your CDs, you might have 'Type of Cd' -with options 'Single' or 'Album', 'Name of Artist', 'CD Title', 'Number of Tracks' and so on and so forth. You can also insert images into your tables/forms.

I don't know what programmes you have access to, but in my group most of us are using Microsoft Access. This also has a 'design wizard' so will basically take you through what you have to do.

We were all given a booklet that basically has subheadings for a write up around each piece of coursework. -We do that first before (apart from Evaluation which is done after) doing the database itself. I'll try and remember to post my type up of it after my next lesson as it may help.

It sounds like you're not really sure at all about the project so I suggest you ask your teacher for some further explanation.

ReputationRep:
    I am doing microsoft Access and i've got the booklet. the last at the end i don't understand some parts of the tasks in the list.

likeata flow diagrams showing data sorces, processes and destination.
    Data collection and input( source data indentified and explained, with details of input methods , validation and key identifiers.)

just some sort of help. thanx

have u finished u project?

If u can, can u send the work that u have done. i don't want to copy it just want to see what parts are missing.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.