The Student Room Group

WBS MSc Finance and Economics

Hi guys,

Does anyone know much about this course? Is it competitive?

I think I saw that it was CFA affiliated, or is this just the straight finance course?

What does everyone think about the fees, compared to other similar courses, and what are the opportunities like for future employment in investment management?

cheers :wink:
Warwick are smoking pot charging 29,000 for this. Would you really be willing to pay that much dough for a Warwick degree?
Reply 2
pbl
OP
Original post by londonfinance
Warwick are smoking pot charging 29,000 for this. Would you really be willing to pay that much dough for a Warwick degree?

i agree 30k is ridiculous. i got a 10k scholarship though, hence why I'm now confused! the average salary is apparently 38k so employers must deem it well?
Original post by pbl
i agree 30k is ridiculous. i got a 10k scholarship though, hence why I'm now confused! the average salary is apparently 38k so employers must deem it well?

Average salary for the graduates that got a job. I can guarantee you a lot of graduates wouldn't have got one. 20 k is still a ridiculous amount for a degree that doesn't have transparent career statistics i.e. what % of the class got a graduate job. Most of the time, only half of the class respond to the careers survey, and say 75% of them got a job, then the university will advertise everywhere 75% of the class got a job.
38k is about average for a masters degree in finance from a tier 1 or 2 uni (Cam, Ox, LSE, Warwick, Imperial, Cass) but employment prospects are really difficult across the board
Lol, of the 49% of graduates that responded to the careers survey, 88% got a job. That's pretty poor. Source: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/masters-in-finance-pre-experience-2012
Reply 6
pbl
OP
Original post by londonfinance
Lol, of the 49% of graduates that responded to the careers survey, 88% got a job. That's pretty poor. Source: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/masters-in-finance-pre-experience-2012

thats just the msc finance course...

do you know anything about the finance and economics course in comparison??

on a side note, 88% seems decent. if it were me, i wouldnt be bothered to reply to a stupid survey either...

it must be so hard to measure average salaries when there are so many international students typically on these types of programmes..

what's your situation anyway londonfinance. i'm guessing you've applied for similar things
Original post by pbl
thats just the msc finance course...

do you know anything about the finance and economics course in comparison??

on a side note, 88% seems decent. if it were me, i wouldnt be bothered to reply to a stupid survey either...

it must be so hard to measure average salaries when there are so many international students typically on these types of programmes..

what's your situation anyway londonfinance. i'm guessing you've applied for similar things

Got an offer from Imperial, but I'm not going to do it as my career is already going fairly well and the Masters won't add much value. I'm going to do an MBA in a few years time as it's a professional qualification and will allow me to switch fields from IB to PE.
Reply 8
pbl
OP
anyone have any more information on the course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending