Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Should he have lied about the queen dieing...?

Stupid thread, really, but it'll be interesting to see what everyone thinks.

ReputationRep:
    Burn the royal family, but no he shouldn't have lied; he got my hopes up and crushed them again.

Well, so far the "burn the monarchy" folks have the majority...

ReputationRep:
    He nearly got me in a good mood so ill stick up 4 him

ReputationRep:
    He really got my hopes up.

But threatening to take his rep away sorted it all out. He is one evil member.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseonthegrave)
    Should he have lied about the queen dieing...?

Stupid thread, really, but it'll be interesting to see what everyone thinks.
    No. You shouldnt lie about anyone dieing, let alone the queen, which would have major repercussions.

ReputationRep:
    who cares, it was only a joke ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    You shouldnt lie about anyone dieing, let alone the queen, which would have major repercussions.
    What major repercusiions? If she died they'd just stick some other waste of space on the throne.

ReputationRep:
    Treason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    who cares, it was only a joke ffs
    He lied!

But the thought of it actually happening makes me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    He lied!

But the thought of it actually happening makes me laugh.
    Why?

I certainly wouldnt wish a death on any family.

what do you think the guards would do if i ran up behind the Queen Mother and jumped on her back ( while she was alive ) ?

ReputationRep:
    Why?

I certainly wouldnt wish a death on any family.
    My sick sense of humour. I don't really wish death on anyone but the thought of nasty things (which I don't want to happen) make me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    Osama Bin Laden?

sorry, but it's a joke on a ****ing internet forum, if anyone is sad enough to take offence it is their problem
    No I havent taken offence. I was just questioning her motives to laugh at our monarch dieing. I beleive she is very much a loved monarch, so when she does die the vast majority of the nation will mourn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    My sick sense of humour. I don't really wish death on anyone but the thought of nasty things (which I don't want to happen) make me laugh.
    Your forgiven dear

ReputationRep:
    I beleive she is very much a loved monarch, so when she does die the vast majority of the nation will mourn.
    You certainly won't see me mourning. Although i guess the majority of the nation read the "Sun" and the "daily sport" so i guess it's not really saying much.

ReputationRep:
    No I havent taken offence. I was just questioning her motives to laugh at our monarch dieing. I beleive she is very much a loved monarch, so when she does die the vast majority of the nation will mourn.
    Probably. I know that a lot of people were upset when that Diana person died.

By the way, Mad Caddie's 'joke' wasn't offensive, but that doesn't mean it was in any way funny.

ReputationRep:
    Your forgiven dear
    Good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    You certainly won't see me mourning. Although i guess the majority of the nation read the "Sun" and the "daily sport" so i guess it's not really saying much.
    Thats your choice. If someone reads the sun, it doesnt make them a bad person, or a person with less of a meaning in life.

ReputationRep:
    Thats your choice. If someone reads the sun, it doesnt make them a bad person, or a person with less of a meaning in life.
    (According to my psychology teacher) The average Sun reader has a vocabulary of 3000 words, opposed to the average year-13 student, who has a vocabulary of 15000.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.