Turn on thread page Beta

What UNI WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TO? watch

ReputationRep:
    if u could Choose, where would u wanna go To ? And Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Probably MIT, or perhaps Columbia. MIT is, I reckon, the best university for sciences in the World. Columbia is a fantastic uni slap bang in the middle of Manhatten

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    London School OF Economics
    Coz its in London and has a good reputation for economics.
    Cambridge

Great rep, great place, and has the course i wanna study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Cambridge...cos it's the best uni for law in the country, and is a great place!

G

ReputationRep:
    2 yeasr ago i would havve said oxford but now i'm so glad i was reejcted because i couldn't have coped with the heavy workload

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge.

Well, I'd be just as happy with Oxford, but Cambridge has the course I want to study.

ReputationRep:
    Anywhere that's really good for Computer Science. I've heard that Imperial is good, but I don't really want to live in London, and I probably wouldn't get the grades to go there [AAA isn't it?]

I quite like the look of Warwick and Cambridge, although Warwick is probably too out of the way, and the Cambridge CS course seems a little too theoretical - I'd rather do a more practical, 'hands-on' course. They both have very good reputations, though.

(Original post by Riverz End)
    Anywhere that's really good for Computer Science. I've heard that Imperial is good, but I don't really want to live in London, and I probably wouldn't get the grades to go there [AAA isn't it?]

I quite like the look of Warwick and Cambridge, although Warwick is probably too out of the way, and the Cambridge CS course seems a little too theoretical - I'd rather do a more practical, 'hands-on' course. They both have very good reputations, though.
    Thats was EXACTLY the same as I felt when I was chosing my uni for comp sci. I would love to go to Imperial if only it was not in London. I need nightlife so Warwick and York went straight out of the window. I didn't want the hassle of the applications process for Cambridge when I don't like the place and the course doesn't seem to involve using a computer for the first year and a bit...

Out of interest, where are you headed in september???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Cambridge because of the collegiate system which makes you feel less lost, the lovely students I met there and it's brilliant reputation. The City's also charming, small and quaint but lots of shops. The older colleges are incredibally beautiful and theres a nice river Oh yes, and the reputation also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Out of interest, where are you headed in september???
    Either Nottingham or Birmingham - I haven't decided yet, although I'm probably 51% in favour of Birmingham.

I wouldn't mind going to York, although if it really lacks nightlife, then it is questionable.

ReputationRep:
    Either Nottingham or Birmingham - I haven't decided yet, although I'm probably 51% in favour of Birmingham.

I wouldn't mind going to York, although if it really lacks nightlife, then it is questionable.
    One of the girls at my school got back from a visit to york uni and told us they had no student union? Is that true? If it is...its surprising.

Why do you prefer Brum to Notts???

PS - This is not a cue for andyried to say ANYTHING

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    hey im jo i wana go to cambridge uni or leeds met cause dere both realy good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Why do you prefer Brum to Notts???
    I just like the idea of being somewhere completely new. Although I'm probably just being really stupid. I guess it is more or less 50/50 between Nottingham and Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    I just like the idea of being somewhere completely new. Although I'm probably just being really stupid. I guess it is more or less 50/50 between Nottingham and Birmingham.
    Birmingham rocks.

Newcastle (fab city) or LSE (great reputation).

ReputationRep:
    Balliol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yannis)
    Balliol...
    .....because it's 'not Trinity?'

IMO Trin is prettier, but Balliol is one of those ancient 'powerhouse' colleges I guess.

Yannis we have the same name.

ReputationRep:
    Yannis isn't my real name mate. It's a thing, which has stuck with me for a while at school. It's Sasha.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.