Turn on thread page Beta

What UNI WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TO? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Harvard - world class reputation and course I want to study.

If only there wasnt the hassle of sitting S.A.T.s and the stupidly high cost of studying and living in the US....

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to go to Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... maybe Nottingham. But I am perfectly happy here in Cardiff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeroy)
    Harvard - world class reputation and course I want to study.

If only there wasnt the hassle of sitting S.A.T.s and the stupidly high cost of studying and living in the US....
    Yea... harvard has a really good course... NOT. Have you read the prospectus? You have to study a whole bunch of stuff, including English and things like that. You can't say that you like Harvard because of the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yannis)
    Yea... harvard has a really good course... NOT. Have you read the prospectus? You have to study a whole bunch of stuff, including English and things like that. You can't say that you like Harvard because of the course.
    No thats one of the things I liked; I dont dislike many subjects, and feel that it gives you a well rounded education - and yes I have seen the prospectus, I have a copy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pither)
    hey im jo i wana go to cambridge uni or leeds met cause dere both realy good
    cambridge.... leeds met, slightly different!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred86)
    cambridge.... leeds met, slightly different!
    Yes i think so too...they r BOTH great unis but Cambridge might be "slightly" better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Yes i think so too...they r BOTH great unis but Cambridge might be "slightly" better.
    only slightly tho.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    if i could choose anywhere in the world, i'd go to harvard or possibly fudan university in china.....
    BUT i'm not rich so i'm studying in the UK, hopefully at Bath, and i'd prefer to go there than anywhere else in the country.

ReputationRep:
    Well let's see, in the US I'd love to go to MIT to do more comp sci, and Harvard business school for an MBA, both very hard I know. But I suspect I will stay in England after undergrad...who knows...

ReputationRep:
    i don't ask for much

i just want to go to portsmouth

ReputationRep:
    birmingham....
    and i am- i have accepted my unconditional offer- yay!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    if u could Choose, where would u wanna go To ? And Why?
    ok we're restricted by costs etc but generally ppl DO choose where they wanna go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    ok we're restricted by costs etc but generally ppl DO choose where they wanna go?
    Nope, not if you fail to get into the uni you chose to apply to. Or if you're just not good enough to consider applying to the uni you'd ideally want to go to.

ReputationRep:
    Imperial

Don't know if they do my subject!
    But my dad went there and I'd like to live in London - if it was cheaper! Wish I knew that when I'd applied!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    Well let's see, in the US I'd love to go to MIT to do more comp sci, and Harvard business school for an MBA, both very hard I know. But I suspect I will stay in England after undergrad...who knows...

MIT 's probably the best place to do Computer Science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Nope, not if you fail to get into the uni you chose to apply to. Or if you're just not good enough to consider applying to the uni you'd ideally want to go to.
    Yeah, I'd love to go to LSE if I had the choice but didn't apply there as I don't think I'm good enough and I don't do maths alevel.

(Original post by HamaL)
    Cal Tech a close second (also nice to have that much sun)!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    yup

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.