Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    The original point was that although its generally considered the north west, geographically clearly its not. Its born out of southern-centricity and a lack of geographical understanding on their part.
    hehe exactly that was the point I was trying to make. When it takes twice as long to get to Edinburgh than it does to London you realise just how far south Manchester is. How is Bristol north?

England is about 600 miles from far south to far north (the border of Scotland) Bristol must be about 100 maybe 150 at the extreme most north of the southern edge.

ReputationRep:
    They talk funny in Bristol. Moy loverrrr!
    Bristol? You mean Bristle....

(Do you have a funny accent pig? I sound rather "posh" until I say Devon or Cider or Scrumpy or Bugger and then everyone laughs at me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    but... Bristol IS north
    Bristol north?? That would make Cardiff north in terms of Britain?

ReputationRep:
    Are you drunk btw?

Funny how Hull is further north than manchester, and its not considered to be in the north east proper.
    No I'm drunk but I've been in unti 9:00-5:30 and I've been since all evening until half an hour ago so I am extremely tired.

I think Hull is at least 50 miles further North that Manchester and the other side of the country of course

ReputationRep:
    She's 'avin a larf. But, I have heard people say Birmingham is north in all seriousness.

Birmingham is MILES away. Bristol IS north - it takes 2 1/2 hours to get there :mad: . I went to Peterborough today and it was the furthest north I've ever been and it's almost as north as brum.

My lancastrian (sp?) friend always says "tut" and "to put you on" and "we could do to". I also like the "ast thou owt moist" of Peter Kay <rofl>

ReputationRep:
    She's 'avin a larf. But, I have heard people say Birmingham is north in all seriousness.
    oh im dense.

well northampton has north in it! maybe that should be north

ReputationRep:
    1.5 hours is nothing! That can only been 100 miles at the most.

Now Dover to Carilise that is a long way!

ReputationRep:
    So does north London

To be honest I have no idea where northampton is. Everything south of durham is south to me.
    Northampton is the East Midlands. Its near Milton Kenyes. Its in the county of Northmaptiobshit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Northampton is the East Midlands. Its near Milton Kenyes. Its in the county of Northmaptiobshit.
    And yes its near Bedfordshire (see I know my southern geography well!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)

EXACTLY!! north!

ReputationRep:
    So does north London

To be honest I have no idea where northampton is. Everything south of durham is south to me.
    northampton is less than 90 mins up the M1 from london. bristol is south west i live in east anglia which is south east and to get to bristol i go west not north! it cant possibly be north blissy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    northampton is less than 90 mins up the M1 from london. bristol is south west i live in east anglia which is south east and to get to bristol i go west not north! it cant possibly be north blissy!
    It's 2 and a half hours north! It means I have to venture out of Devon....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    It's 2 and a half hours north! It means I have to venture out of Devon....
    But yuo would be going North West not just north. Also Devon is the most south westerly part of the UK apart from Cornwall.

ReputationRep:
    Who would willingly leave Devon?!

<loves Devon through and through>

ReputationRep:
    I'd say you've managed to miss out most of the UK.

ReputationRep:
    The true divides.
    hahahaha you're a f**king genius! Your getting some more rep for that. Its the best laugh I've had all day. I especialy liked the Sheep joke but just don't tell any of the Welsh I said that!

ReputationRep:
    I live in an affluent part of Cheshire - very close to Manchester and it's full of pompous, snooty and money-obbsessed people who pride themselves on nice big cars and gossip - I'm very out of place here lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    I'd say you've managed to miss out most of the UK.
    Well, you obviously don't know do you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami_ThePeelite)
    I live in an affluent part of Cheshire - very close to Manchester and it's full of pompous, snooty and money-obbsessed people who pride themselves on nice big cars and gossip - I'm very out of place here lol.
    Alderly Edge? I assume its not Cheadle, Bramhall or Maprle as they are all in Greater Manchester now Or maybe some where like Bowdon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami_ThePeelite)
    Near Maccelsfield?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.