Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    East Sussex here (as it says under my avatar).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    This post is fantastic!! I never thought that my beloved stockport would ever be talked about so much...ever!!

To put a conclusion on the arguement, officially Stockport is in Greater Manchester, but that makes everyone think that we are from Manchester, which is wrong. We are from Cheshire. Thats why at Stockport County we sing "We're the pride of Cheshire" and, when anyone sings to us "We're the sh*t of manchester", we sing:
    "We're not from,
    We're not from,
    We're not from Manchester,
    So this is our retort,
    Look it up,
    You thick b*stards,
    We are from STOCKPORT!"
    I'm quite glad I am from Chorlton and not Brinnington though! Stockport town centre is not actually that bad, its a bit run down but there are some good shops there such as Richer Sounds. And its only 30 mins away from me by bus. (6 miles). I have family that live in Cheadle and Gatley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    This post is fantastic!! I never thought that my beloved stockport would ever be talked about so much...ever!!

To put a conclusion on the arguement, officially Stockport is in Greater Manchester, but that makes everyone think that we are from Manchester, which is wrong. We are from Cheshire. Thats why at Stockport County we sing "We're the pride of Cheshire" and, when anyone sings to us "We're the sh*t of manchester", we sing:
    "We're not from,
    We're not from,
    We're not from Manchester,
    So this is our retort,
    Look it up,
    You thick b*stards,
    We are from STOCKPORT!"
    I know what you mean, it toally pisses me off of what they have done to our counties! We all just want to be returned to our original ones!

I remember Stockport having some kind of big Arcade centre, or something like that. I'm not sure what it was exactly but I was very yung and wnated to go in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    East Didsbury?

I live quite near there, I'm a bit further west though, in between Didsbury, Fallowfiield, Withington, Stretford, Sale, Northenden, Whalley Range and Old Trafford, all them areas border Chorlton. (its a huge area)
    Yup that's where it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Yup that's where it was.
    Is miss Sunshine not at school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Is miss Sunshine not at school?
    LOL All legal! My weekend starts early for some reason, which I forgot..

ReputationRep:
    Well pretty soon its time to forget about History as the North West will be getting its own government so good by london!!

It will work like the one they have in Wales.

ReputationRep:
    Well pretty soon its time to forget about History as the North West will be getting its own government so good by london!!

I hope that doesn't happen in other regions, I really really do.

ReputationRep:

The Welsh assembly has no real power at all, as will the North West assembly. Everything has to be passed by the House of lords et al for antything to go through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutland

A very important county.
    Hardly, its just a slightly posher version of Leicestershire. Tis a nice place though.

ReputationRep:
    Devon and Cornwall = safe
    Cambridge = *grudgingly* second "home"
    Hampshire = hell hole
    Everywhere else = Not as nice as the Westcountry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Southerner's view of Britain.
    lol - how are the wastelands at the moment piggy?

Furthest north I've been is Alton Towers which would be Staffordshire

ReputationRep:
    I've been to SKegness!!! It's REALLY north. WOW!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I've been to SKegness!!! It's REALLY north. WOW!
    Hehe Skegness, north? It's the East Midlands and they don't sound northern do they? :confused:

I love Skegness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Southerner's view of Britain.
    Hehe good one, so true.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe Skegness, north? It's the East Midlands and they don't sound northern do they? :confused:

I love Skegness
    Its a mix of North and Midlands. I live near Stamford though and that's Lincolnshire too, just a bit posher

ReputationRep:

I love Skegness
    I thought it was further up north than that. But yep the East Midland's is down sarf to me. Although geograpgy I am only 20 miles away from the East Midlands (derbyshire)

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was further up north than that. But yep the East Midland's is down sarf to me. Although geograpgy I am only 20 miles away from the East Midlands (derbyshire)
    Down South! Hehe, they're not!

So where do the West and East midlands end and north west/east begin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    Hardly, its just a slightly posher version of Leicestershire. Tis a nice place though.
    You misjudged my sarcasm. Uppingham cant even produce quality rugby players these days.

ReputationRep:
    Down South! Hehe, they're not!

So where do the West and East midlands end and north west/east begin?

I'd say that the North West begins at the bottom of cheshire. Well thats according to North West Tonight, with TV's own Krypton Factor Gordon Burns.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.