Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Devon and Cornwall = safe
    Cambridge = *grudgingly* second "home"
    Hampshire = hell hole
    Everywhere else = Not as nice as the Westcountry
    I live in Hampshire at the mo. Its not that bad, the New Forest is really pretty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I'd say that the North West begins at the bottom of cheshire. Well thats according to North West Tonight, with TV's own Krypton Factor Gordon Burns.
    I haven't seen North West Tonight before, I like watching other regions news because I like laughing at the cheesy presenters and how they talk about trivial things such as naming of trams.

I'd say North: Cheshire, bit of Stoke, Yorkshire and a bit of Lincs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    You misjudged my sarcasm. Uppingham cant even produce quality rugby players these days.
    Ooops. I thought you were being serious because of its two private schools - don't forget Oakham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    Ooops. I thought you were being serious because of its two private schools - don't forget Oakham
    Both them schools are cheating f*cks. They get all the Leicster Youth players when they are 16 by offering them 'scholarships'. Still get rinsed by Lancs/Yorks teams though

ReputationRep:
    I remember when my school beat Rugby away in the daily mail cup. I was proud that day

ReputationRep:
    I remember when my school beat Rugby away in the daily mail cup. I was proud that day
    Rugby is a wasted force. Kirkham Grammar beat them in the last game. Kirkham are good (namely in the forwards), but they cant compete with the other schools top schools on the Northern circuit. Sedbergh, Stonyhurst and B Castle often rip them to shreads with their more mobile packs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dark_link)
    Where abouts in the UK are you from?
    where are you from boy

ReputationRep:
    I aim to set-up the Independent Constitutional Fifedom of Cheshire, including Hale and i will be the Grand Duchy, who wants to be my plenipotentiary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    The wastelands are just peachy, we're not overcrowded and full of beggars and homeless like some southern cities *cough* London *cough* and actually have good public transport!

Comedy southerners the other day asking me where Sunderland is. "Is it near Leeds or near Scotland?"
    LOL. That is really amusing.

But then again I don't know where all the SouthWest/West Midlands counties are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    But geographical speaking we are not, if you look on the map of England Manchester is the Midlands. In terms of UK we are actually 'down south'.

I think as Pinga says it is places like Cumbria that are north west though that often gets counted as the north.
    Clitheroe, about 3/4 of an hour drive from Manchester, is exactly at the centre of the United Kingdom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Clitheroe, about 3/4 of an hour drive from Manchester, is exactly at the centre of the United Kingdom.
    I think they were talking about England.

ReputationRep:
    The centre of England is somewhere near Rugby, in Warwickshire.

ReputationRep:
    Read it somewhere. The small black splodge.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I agree, but its probably the same distance to the Scots border on the east coast, as it is to Land's End in Cornwall.

This map shows terrritorial division.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Sod 'em

ReputationRep:
    The purple bits on that map are the ones where I have half a chance of naming the areas correctly - the red and the yellow ones are the scary Northerly wastelands where I haven't a clue!

ReputationRep:
    I agree, but its probably the same distance to the Scots border on the east coast, as it is to Land's End in Cornwall.

This map shows terrritorial division.
    Your map is wrong.
    Norfolk, Sussex, Essex and Cambridgeshire are in East Anglia, in the same region.
    Cheshire is in the North West.
    Humberside doesn't exist, this is East Yorkshire.
    T&W is now Northhumberlad
    The North of Lincolnshire is in the north, Yorkshire & Humber Region.

Just thought I'd point this out. This is a better version:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)

Come now. You know full well thats a lie. Its Dunsop Bridge.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...705028498.html

ReputationRep:
    Someone has spent way too long thinking about all that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Your map is wrong.
    Norfolk, Sussex, Essex and Cambridgeshire are in East Anglia, in the same region.
    Cheshire is in the North West.
    Humberside doesn't exist, this is East Yorkshire.
    T&W is now Northhumberlad
    The North of Lincolnshire is in the north, Yorkshire & Humber Region.

Just thought I'd point this out. This is a better version:
    That map is just daft as there is no way the North West can border the East Midlands? The East Midlands has places like Northampton in it which is near Bedfordshire. Bedfordshire is down south without a doubt.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.