Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That is hardly a sensible figure to chuck around

ReputationRep:
    Why are you trying to distance yourself from something you are part of.

ReputationRep:
    You are just as part of the system as the 'spoilt kids' and somehow you think you are much more radical than them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jak Spencer)
    I love this quote - it is exactly the thing you would expect a private school person to say. - That baisically state school education is far inferior to private school education

This is precisly the reason why i hate my school and the people who go there

Which school in cambridge do you go to??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d750)
    What's wrong with the situation as it is? As long as his parents are happy to pay, everyone's happy.
    It's a waste of resources. I cringe when I see kids that waste the opportunities their parents hand to them on a silver platter. So many disadvantaged kids could do better in the same situation.

ReputationRep:
    Well thats how i see it. I have spoken to, and know a lot of those 500 people and i would say it is around there. If not there then somewhere close
    You must go to a really expensive one. I wouldn't say most of my year are mummy and daddy girls, a lot of them have weekend jobs and quite a few of the parents scrimp and save to give them a private education, else they're on scholarship/bursary.

ReputationRep:
    To shed some light on the private school issue:

I know about 500 private school kids - as i go to a private school.

I would say that 95% of them are complete spoilt, rich, mummies and daddies boys and girls. The school itself is even worse and it is generally somewhere that when i leave i will never want to go back to. (if you want reasons for this just ask)

The other 5% of people are actually genuine, however i have to admit that, like myself, these people do not come from rich backrounds and are generally on supported placements. Unfortunately this is just life and i cant wait until i leave
    I also go to private school and know the same number of people - however I would definitely disagree with the 95:5 ratio. The majority of people arn't spoilt 'mummies and daddies' types. Of course there are a few but the vast majority are not at all like that. They know that that are luckey to go to a good school, and to be well off, and are normal people.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.