Weird lump in my ear lobe Watch

teh_samby
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
This sounds really stupid, but I have a little hard lump in my ear lobe and I don't know what it is. It hurts when I squeeze it, I mean it could be just a spot but it hasn't come to the surface and who gets spots on their ear lobes anyway? I feel a bit silly posting this, but my mum said it was just a spot and it isn't noticable on the surface, maybe a bit red but maybe that's because I keep playing with it, and it's been there about a week now. Any ideas what it might be?
The Ninja
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Your brain.
teh_samby
Rep:
?
*laughs* I wouldn't be surprised.
Zlatan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's a spot mate, don't worry :-)
joeybee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i get them. they are not spots.
I think they are just bits of hard fat inside the ear lobe, some peopel get them and are quite common. the doctor told me about ti a while ago. it hurt when i got my ears pierced.
It could also by scra tissue of some sort.
Don't worry about them, they are benign, and won't cause you problems. i like mine, they are different.
At the end of the day, no-one can see them, or feel them, and they'll only hurt you if you play with them!

Jo

xx
hollywollydoodle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ive got one too. wow, freaky. yeah dont try to squeeze, i could see a little black dot so thought it coudl be a blackhead on my ear (i know sounds well weird) but it just hurt. so now im just leaving it alone. so if anyone else knows what it is i wanna know too!
BlueRoses
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have this, just where I have my piercings. I think it is just a sort of scab/scar thing from when you got your ears pierced. I've had it for ages, but it comes and goes. Try not wearing earrings for a while, I tend to find that mine gets worse after wearing poor quality earrings .
gringalet
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Of course you can get spots on your earlobes. I have my ears pierced twice on once side and once on the other, and sometimes it looks like it's twice on both sides because of little spots! It could also be where your ears are pierced, if they are pierced, maybe irritation from earrings. I wouldn't worry about it anyway!
Bob123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They are sists. Completely harmless and relativly common. 1 day it will get realy big and explode (im not joking) like puss fireworks.
I had them and went to the doc and they said just dont bother bout it.
teh_samby
Rep:
?
Grr, it's still there!
Which is good if it is my brain...
Possibly smaller though.
dogtag9
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
could be a blood clot if someone has punched or grap your ear tightly.why dont you have a word with your gp and he could diagnose you.
jozza
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I get these quite often, they come and go. I have one at the moment actually, I just felt it. It should get smaller and disappear soon.
Girlie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I had one of those... It got really swollen and had to be popped (not nice I know!), but it's only a cist and is harmless.
Elusive Moose
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah I get these all the time. I squeezed one once (like actually created a hole in my ear and squeezed it... Advice: Don't do this) and it's just liquidy-stuff really. Nothing to worry about. It'll go eventually and don't touch it until then! Believe me, it's not nice :p:
zain88
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
heehee this reminds me of Captain Corelli's Mandolin where Dr Iannis had to take a pea out of someone's ear that had been there for years and years
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Could be any of the above. Most likely is it's a blackhead. I get them a lot. Also behind my ear which is even less nice.
Sonu1993
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i have done the same but i m worried as whenever i press it some fat comes out...?what shd i do?
2494736orion
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have the same thing, but not In my earlobe. I was wearing clipped earrings for a whole day, and now the bump hurts, even if I don’t touch it. What to do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.87%
No (515)
72.13%

Watched Threads