The Student Room Group

Weird lump in my ear lobe

This sounds really stupid, but I have a little hard lump in my ear lobe and I don't know what it is. It hurts when I squeeze it, I mean it could be just a spot but it hasn't come to the surface and who gets spots on their ear lobes anyway? I feel a bit silly posting this, but my mum said it was just a spot and it isn't noticable on the surface, maybe a bit red but maybe that's because I keep playing with it, and it's been there about a week now. Any ideas what it might be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Your brain.
Reply 2
*laughs* I wouldn't be surprised.
Reply 3
It's a spot mate, don't worry :-)
Reply 4
i get them. they are not spots.
I think they are just bits of hard fat inside the ear lobe, some peopel get them and are quite common. the doctor told me about ti a while ago. it hurt when i got my ears pierced.
It could also by scra tissue of some sort.
Don't worry about them, they are benign, and won't cause you problems. i like mine, they are different.
At the end of the day, no-one can see them, or feel them, and they'll only hurt you if you play with them!

Jo

xx
ive got one too. wow, freaky. yeah dont try to squeeze, i could see a little black dot so thought it coudl be a blackhead on my ear (i know sounds well weird) but it just hurt. so now im just leaving it alone. so if anyone else knows what it is i wanna know too!
Reply 6
I have this, just where I have my piercings. I think it is just a sort of scab/scar thing from when you got your ears pierced. I've had it for ages, but it comes and goes. Try not wearing earrings for a while, I tend to find that mine gets worse after wearing poor quality earrings :redface:.
Reply 7
Of course you can get spots on your earlobes. I have my ears pierced twice on once side and once on the other, and sometimes it looks like it's twice on both sides because of little spots! It could also be where your ears are pierced, if they are pierced, maybe irritation from earrings. I wouldn't worry about it anyway!
Reply 8
They are sists. Completely harmless and relativly common. 1 day it will get realy big and explode (im not joking) like puss fireworks.
I had them and went to the doc and they said just dont bother bout it.
Reply 9
Grr, it's still there!
Which is good if it is my brain...
Possibly smaller though.
Reply 10
could be a blood clot if someone has punched or grap your ear tightly.why dont you have a word with your gp and he could diagnose you.
Reply 11
I get these quite often, they come and go. I have one at the moment actually, I just felt it. It should get smaller and disappear soon.
Reply 12
I had one of those... It got really swollen and had to be popped (not nice I know!), but it's only a cist and is harmless.
Yeah I get these all the time. I squeezed one once (like actually created a hole in my ear and squeezed it... Advice: Don't do this) and it's just liquidy-stuff really. Nothing to worry about. It'll go eventually and don't touch it until then! Believe me, it's not nice :p:
Reply 14
heehee this reminds me of Captain Corelli's Mandolin where Dr Iannis had to take a pea out of someone's ear that had been there for years and years :smile:
Could be any of the above. Most likely is it's a blackhead. I get them a lot. Also behind my ear which is even less nice. :frown:
i have done the same but i m worried as whenever i press it some fat comes out...?what shd i do?
I have the same thing, but not In my earlobe. I was wearing clipped earrings for a whole day, and now the bump hurts, even if I don’t touch it. What to do?
I have it as well and sometimes blood or puss will come out if you find more about it please let me know as it will relieve pain that I get commonly and want it to be over with. I have searched the Internet and says that It could be an infection or sometimes a blood clot. I might go to a gp or a peircer and see what they recommend but some say you should take it out and leave it for a few years and get them re pierced x
Reply 19
Lol . 14 years later who ever you are im facing the same thing if u still remember why its there tell me please .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending