Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    After much pestering via email , queen mary have lowered my over from 340 points (AAB) to BBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    congrats, but how come?

ReputationRep:
    Well done, but why on earth?

ReputationRep:
    Nice.

Now I'm going to ask Birmingham to lower my offer to UUU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionah)
    After much pestering via email , queen mary have lowered my over from 340 points (AAB) to BBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations. You must be very happy, not to mention relieved.

I'm not sure i would have dared "pester" them to make them change my offer (no need really, as unconditional). Seems a huge change from AAB to BBB!

ReputationRep:
    Cos I rock at interviews !

nah, I THINK it's because I dropped Critical thinking - which pushed up the previous grades a fair bit (because of the points coming only from 3 A levels and not 3 A levels and 1 AS)

ReputationRep:
    I wrote a good letter as well, quoting the person at my interview saying "we arent going to make you an offer of AAB or anything like that".

ReputationRep:
    Cos I rock at interviews !

nah, I THINK it's because I dropped Critical thinking - which pushed up the previous grades a fair bit (because of the points coming only from 3 A levels and not 3 A levels and 1 AS)
    Can I ask you something? As a foreigner, I find it hard to understand why you (Britons) seem to use both the ABC-grades and a point system. What is the meaning of this? Why don't you simply use points, as it will give a more accurate appraisal of the performance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    Can I ask you something? As a foreigner, I find it hard to understand why you (Britons) seem to use both the ABC-grades and a point system. What is the meaning of this? Why don't you simply use points, as it will give a more accurate appraisal of the performance?
    Because the government sucks when it comes to education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    If it was just on points, people doing more than three A Levels would get in easily:

ABC = 300 points.
    CCCD = 300 points.

The points system is...useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    If it was just on points, people doing more than three A Levels would get in easily:

ABC = 300 points.
    CCCD = 300 points.

The points system is...useless.
    Often they do ask for points based on just three A-levels though.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to you! Told you it would be an offer!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations. I wish i could have convinced Royal Holloway to lower my offer of AAB to ABB - a failed attempt (it's not fair!!! They made other people ABB offers! :mad: ) hence i've chosen KCL as my firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Congratulations. I wish i could have convinced Royal Holloway to lower my offer of AAB to ABB - a failed attempt (it's not fair!!! They made other people ABB offers! :mad: ) hence i've chosen KCL as my firm.
    You don't wanna go there anyway, it's like a boarding school!!

ReputationRep:
    You don't wanna go there anyway, it's like a boarding school!!
    I'm glad i declined their offer

ReputationRep:
    How the hell can you get a Uni to lower your offer by emailing them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    How the hell can you get a Uni to lower your offer by emailing them?
    Maybe by emailing them the number and codes for a healthy Swiss bank account?

Hehe, congrats on getting a lower offer though! I would have loved to have BBB instead of AAB!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2004
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.