Turn on thread page Beta

Ammended offer!! HURRAH!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    After much pestering via email , queen mary have lowered my over from 340 points (AAB) to BBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    congrats, but how come?

ReputationRep:
    Well done, but why on earth?

ReputationRep:
    Nice.

Now I'm going to ask Birmingham to lower my offer to UUU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionah)
    After much pestering via email , queen mary have lowered my over from 340 points (AAB) to BBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations. You must be very happy, not to mention relieved.

I'm not sure i would have dared "pester" them to make them change my offer (no need really, as unconditional). Seems a huge change from AAB to BBB!

ReputationRep:
    Cos I rock at interviews !

nah, I THINK it's because I dropped Critical thinking - which pushed up the previous grades a fair bit (because of the points coming only from 3 A levels and not 3 A levels and 1 AS)

ReputationRep:
    I wrote a good letter as well, quoting the person at my interview saying "we arent going to make you an offer of AAB or anything like that".

ReputationRep:
    Cos I rock at interviews !

nah, I THINK it's because I dropped Critical thinking - which pushed up the previous grades a fair bit (because of the points coming only from 3 A levels and not 3 A levels and 1 AS)
    Can I ask you something? As a foreigner, I find it hard to understand why you (Britons) seem to use both the ABC-grades and a point system. What is the meaning of this? Why don't you simply use points, as it will give a more accurate appraisal of the performance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    Can I ask you something? As a foreigner, I find it hard to understand why you (Britons) seem to use both the ABC-grades and a point system. What is the meaning of this? Why don't you simply use points, as it will give a more accurate appraisal of the performance?
    Because the government sucks when it comes to education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    If it was just on points, people doing more than three A Levels would get in easily:

ABC = 300 points.
    CCCD = 300 points.

The points system is...useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    If it was just on points, people doing more than three A Levels would get in easily:

ABC = 300 points.
    CCCD = 300 points.

The points system is...useless.
    Often they do ask for points based on just three A-levels though.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to you! Told you it would be an offer!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations. I wish i could have convinced Royal Holloway to lower my offer of AAB to ABB - a failed attempt (it's not fair!!! They made other people ABB offers! :mad: ) hence i've chosen KCL as my firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Congratulations. I wish i could have convinced Royal Holloway to lower my offer of AAB to ABB - a failed attempt (it's not fair!!! They made other people ABB offers! :mad: ) hence i've chosen KCL as my firm.
    You don't wanna go there anyway, it's like a boarding school!!

ReputationRep:
    You don't wanna go there anyway, it's like a boarding school!!
    I'm glad i declined their offer

ReputationRep:
    How the hell can you get a Uni to lower your offer by emailing them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    How the hell can you get a Uni to lower your offer by emailing them?
    Maybe by emailing them the number and codes for a healthy Swiss bank account?

Hehe, congrats on getting a lower offer though! I would have loved to have BBB instead of AAB!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.