Easiest A Levels? Watch

This discussion is closed.
nicoletteq
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What are the easiest A-Levels in your opinion?
I'm definitely doing Art and Russian at AS/A2 Levels, but in your opinion which are the easiest A levels and the hardest?
Thankyou
Llamageddon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For me the easiest was maths because I was good at it.

The hardest would've been english literature or something because I would've fallen asleep in class.
Sha_15
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Llamageddon)
For me the easiest was maths because I was good at it.

The hardest would've been English literature or something because I would've fallen asleep in class.
I do English Literature and can I say **** its hard! (I also do Maths, Product Design and have done physics).
CoolRunner
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Easiest for me is Chemistry/Maths
Hardest for me is Physics.
Biology is in-between (depends if your brain is functioning well to memorise ****loads of structures.)
Muppet Science
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends on the person. If you have a good memory then Biology is quite easy, if you have a bad memory then Biology would be hellish.

Of the AS/ A-levels I have/ am taken/ taking then in order of the hardest first: chemistry, physics, biology, history
linney
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Easiest for me was English Lit. Out of the subjects I did take, I found the archaeology side of Classical Civ hard and History fairly taxing.

If I had taken Maths/Sciences etc I would have found them impossible.
Tierney
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Biology is literally the bane of my life so i find it really difficult, i find english and psychology quite easy and i did business aswell last year that was easy but very boring

Posted from TSR Mobile
asiabreen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Art and design is the easiest and the hardest for me. Easiest because I can draw, hardest because I'm a lazy **** haha.
Annuhlees
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No a-levels are easy.

They all take time, hard work and none are a doss.

Take A-levels that interest you not because you think they're easy.

For example, I take media a-level (Aka, the a-level with the 'doss' label). It's pretty hard as doing coursework takes time and it's not just pointing a camera and getting an A. I've spent hours doing my project and i'm not even a quarter the way through. I'm predicted an A because i'm creative and grown up with photoshop/premiere pro. Some people in my class took it for a doss and predicted an D because they just can't think outside of the box and just don't get it but predicted an B in English lit

So yeah, take a subject because you enjoy it or think you'll succeed. Also consider what you want to do at university and take appropriate suitable A-levels.
dark-blue
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by nicoletteq)
What are the easiest A-Levels in your opinion?
I'm definitely doing Art and Russian at AS/A2 Levels, but in your opinion which are the easiest A levels and the hardest?
Thankyou
If you're picking A Levels because people say they are easy, you're picking them for the wrong reasons. As I have said on other threads of a similar narure, easiness is subjective and will depends on your own abilities and talents. Also, one of the previous posters has made a good point about how if you don't enjoy something you're less likely to do well because of lack of motivation.

A better question would be what do I enjoy? Or, what will open doors for me in the future?
asiabreen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think the OP was asking more on a general basis, not 'what are the easiest possible A Levels I can do?' ...
2007PSanHa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am doing biology, chemistry, maths and music! I'm finding them all fairly challenging. Music takes up a lot of your time though because you have to practice for at least 40 mins per day and you end up joining all of the music clubs and playing in all of the concerts! I am in 3 school music clubs and youth orchestra which is out of school!
Historicity
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Law was hard not because of the content, but because of the fact that in the exam you had to write at a ridiculous speed to get in everything you wanted to say to ensure a really strong mark....
rawsex
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Economics was so easy.
MissDavies
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I only did up to AS level due to personal reasons but my easiest was Sociology. I found it boring as hell and did next to no revision but the exam really was just common sense and remembering a few names and dates and I got a really high A.
Hardest one I did was Law but that's just me. I couldn't get my head around what was expected for the answers so I only got a C.
Timikji
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rawsex)
Economics was so easy.
This. I got 90+% UMS for the AS by just reading the revision guide a few days before the exam. I dropped it to concentrate on my other subjects instead at A2.
Twest_27
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Personally, and I took 9 A levels, I think that chemistry, further maths, physics, english lit, biology and japanese were the easiest subjects. The hardest one I took was childcare, food and btec art this is because i love life
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%