Turn on thread page Beta

What are you studying and why? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Lol, one of my further maths buddies (god that makes me sound like such a geek) is going to imperial to do chem, and she rambles on about all this stuff that we dont get. Tis v funny.
    Yeah i'm abit like that except i dont do further maths, but a couple of my friends do, it seems we're all of to durham to do sciences of one sort or another, theres 5 from my college off to the same college at durham as me,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Economics coz i love u!?!
    Economics oxz i love the sibkect..............
    sibkect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    Yeah i'm abit like that except i dont do further maths, but a couple of my friends do, it seems we're all of to durham to do sciences of one sort or another, theres 5 from my college off to the same college at durham as me,
    Only me and another friend doing economics. Lots of people off to imperial and oxbridge, but half of these i know out of school so doesn't count.

ReputationRep:
    Law - because I'm really nosy and love reading the cases, and the law is everywhere so its definitely worth studying, also it should lead to some good job prospects someday hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy, because I am a perfectionist that cannot stand not to know, and I don't give a damn about job prospects.

ReputationRep:
    Physics and Astrophysics.. cos I think astro is cool basically and wanna do research in it.

ReputationRep:
    Where are all the non economists/chemists/lawyers? There must be a biologist in here somewhere...i haven't encountered one single biologist since i joined UKL.

ReputationRep:
    there are biologists out there? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    My friend is goin to do biology at durham

ReputationRep:
    picju96 is a biologist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    picju96 is a biologist.
    Oooh, ok they do exist.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, ok they do exist.
    There's gotta be more of them, surely .

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, ok they do exist.
    can you proove such phenomenon :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    can you proove such phenomenon :rolleyes:
    nope, they're rare elusive creatures, biologists, have never come across one in my lifetime.

ReputationRep:
    I think MadNatSci is doing Natural Sciences (Biological) at Cam.

ReputationRep:
    English, cos it's great

ReputationRep:
    psych with crim - did them cos i liked both the subjects, they're quite wide ranging (i.e. include english, biology, maths, law etc). Couldn't do single honours - would go mad from doing only one subject!

ReputationRep:
    Maths for no reason. Just want to do as much at the moment as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Law because I find the cases interesting to read, and I like finding out how the system works. It's like looking behind the scenes, then you find out that the whole process built upon the most flimsy things! Also solicitor looks like a stable sort of career path, even if you do get mocked.

That and I like guys in pin-striped suits...

ReputationRep:
    Comp Sci....seem to be obsessed with the subject. Please save me

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.