Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    maths - definite, unarguable solutions, logical, interesting

economics - explains the workings of society, very relevant to our lives on a day tp day basis

together; finding out how they relate and interlink. also, providea access to wide range of good careers

ReputationRep:
    Simple; archaeology because I want to be an archaeologist!
    I can't see myself doing anything else!

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy and theology. Because I'm either really crazy or really masochistic.

ReputationRep:
    Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic because I love early medieval history and literature and like the idea of learning obscure dead languages and strange skills like palaeography

ReputationRep:
    Psychology!! I can't see myself doing anything else~!

Psychology provides us with a deeper understanding of ourselves and others.

What i'm particularly interested in is the potential of the human brain. Firstly, in human intellect. I am always awestruck when I read accounts of geniuses such as Einstein, Tesla, etc. Ppl with Savant's Syndrome. I would like to further discover the mechanisms in such prodigal faculties. I would like to study the minds of those who do very well academically. Let's face it, some ppl are just born with the ability to do well, such as having excellent memories. But what are their acquired characteristics? Can the way you raise your child change forever their intellect? I know that a lot of research has been done on this, and I want to take part in this cutting-edge research.

Secondly, in parapsychology. Does it exist? If it does, I want to discover the workings behind it!

I also love biology~.

Hyponosis~ it's just fascinating!!

There are soooo many things i'd also like to put down but we'd all go zzzzzz. So i'll leave it there I've put down Nottingham as my firm and I can't wait to go there.

ReputationRep:
    Nat Sciences are progress, everything else is just a consequence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wal)
    Nat Sciences are progress, everything else is just a consequence.
    Ah but doesn't natural science stem from mathematics, we'd be nowhere without maths.

ReputationRep:
    engineering - i just love the interaction between maths + physics and learning the principles of how things works! Sad I know, the better answer could be... boys do engineering - i'm a **** :-p (that was a joke by the way - i'm not!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred86)
    engineering - i just love the interaction between maths + physics and learning the principles of how things works! Sad I know, the better answer could be... boys do engineering - i'm a **** :-p (that was a joke by the way - i'm not!)
    That's partly why one of my best friends is doing engineering!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Physics and Astrophysics.. cos I think astro is cool basically and wanna do research in it.
    Yay! Another physicist! I'm studying Physics because I enjoy the challenge of solving maths and science problems simultaneously!

I'm only one from my school going to Oxford (only 2 of us applied) and there's a girl going to Cams (only one who got in out of 5). However, I am only physicist from my school and so end up rambling on about string theory and the twin paradox to myself with my mates going "ummm....ok?!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Yay! Another physicist! I'm studying Physics because I enjoy the challenge of solving maths and science problems simultaneously!

I'm only one from my school going to Oxford (only 2 of us applied) and there's a girl going to Cams (only one who got in out of 5). However, I am only physicist from my school and so end up rambling on about string theory and the twin paradox to myself with my mates going "ummm....ok?!"
    . There's at least one other physicist on here.. elpaw and he's at Oxford (edders will be doing Physics too, starting this year.. he's going to IC though).

I really need to revise everything I did last term (and this term tbh).. I think I had problems understanding the twin paradox. Relativity takes some getting used to.. at least you get it!

ReputationRep:
    Computer Science/AI.

Because it kills my inner child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icarus)
    Computer Science/AI.

Because it kills my inner child.
    /me prods Icarus. How have you found CS/AI?

ReputationRep:
    Have just discovered that Oxford offer a undergrad degree in Engineering, Economics and Management. That sounds very fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Have just discovered that Oxford offer a undergrad degree in Engineering, Economics and Management. That sounds very fun.
    if you like engineering :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    if you like engineering :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    /me prods Icarus. How have you found CS/AI?
    It's death personified.

Ha, no it's not bad really. Just don't fall behind or you're facing an uphill struggle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icarus)
    It's death personified.

Ha, no it's not bad really. Just don't fall behind or you're facing an uphill struggle.
    Heh, good good.

ReputationRep:
    maths because i got an A in A-level.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    psychology- it is the one subject i find completely fascinating. i can't wait to study it at university. in particular i love the way that psychology can be applied to reality to make a genuine difference to people's lives.

oh, and i want to be a clinical psychologist too.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.