Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    maths because i got an A in A-level.

love Katy ***
    Maths? Lucky person, wish i had the guts to go study maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Ah but doesn't natural science stem from mathematics, we'd be nowhere without maths.
    Yes, math included, but I was drunk anyway, so you can just forget this statement if you want to...

ReputationRep:
    Psychology- I guess it's partly because I want to find how everything fits together to make us what we are and how that can be influenced.
    It's not mind reading but more like finding patterns in behaviour and considering why they happen. I just find it fascinating.
    French-It's a beautiful language and the country and culture are interesting. Good for job prospects too. :-)

ReputationRep:
    hispanic studies. because spain's a fascinating country and has spawned a language which is one of the most widely spoken across the globe. and also cos it's the only thing i actually have a vague scraping of talent in. i may be doing a couple of modules in criminology or sociology or psychology to amuse myself only. translators do earn quite a bit as well, and then there's the whole bonus of being practically bi-lingual which is useful for holidays if nothing else (employers like it too). added to the fact that i'm planning to emigrate to south america at some point in my life.

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy because it takes everything that I find interesting about other subjects at their basic level. Plus ontological angst keeps me awake at night and I really should do something about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    maths because i got an A in A-level.

love Katy ***
    Lol, yeah, I don't think I've encountered one person on my travels to Maths interviews and open days that has a reason for studying Maths besides, "I like it and I'm good at it" ... myself included!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimBob)
    Lol, yeah, I don't think I've encountered one person on my travels to Maths interviews and open days that has a reason for studying Maths besides, "I like it and I'm good at it" ... myself included!
    It's because you like the subject and don't only do the three years to get a good job or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    sibkect
    LOL wups ...soz was i was pissed

ReputationRep:
    Journalism because since I was little I have loved writing. I had aspirations at the age of three to be April O'Neill from the Turtles.
    The reason I'm taking Journalism rather than English or History though is because since I started Secondary school I went a bit...loco.
    I was always top of my class until year 8 my mom got cancer and nearly died, then I found pot...then pills...then speed...then coke. By the time I realised what a fudge up I was being (year 11) my mum then caught pneumonia and was again hospitalised and was drinking and becoming violent, I got severely depressed and tried to commit suicide and wrist bashed.
    I got OK GCSE grades and went onto college. I got a D in AS English language because the teacher hated me and the course wasn't what I'd expected it to be.
    I then fooled around a bit more with drugs and now I have a bunch of boring C's and that is why I'm taking Journalism.

Betcha didn't expect all that?

ReputationRep:
    english and american studies

english as i love the subject and american studies (basically literature) because i get to go to america for a year.

ReputationRep:
    History: because i've grown up reading "horrible history" books and other assorted stuff and being fascinated by it all. got to GCSE and enjoyed it, did AS level got an A and now A2 and its damn hard but really good and enjoyable!

Plus its well-respected and gives you a wide option of careers to go into, v.good since i dont have a clue what i want to do lol...

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.