Exeter Uni Radiography Course Offer 2013-2014

Watch this thread
French_Guy
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi guys,

Any news from them yet? anxious
username873316
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 years ago
nope, only had my interview a week ago. They said the decision would hopefully take 4-6 weeks.
French_Guy
Rep:
Thanks wsshel, i had mine in December and we were told around the 25th of January .

tri_zone you ll be asked the usual questions like why the course n the uni, and stuff from your personal statement.

Good luck dudes!
username873316
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
why start the thread? curious

Were you successful?
French_Guy
Rep:
lol cos I am anxious mate! I got an offer so far for mechanical engineering.

I wish , just waiting to hear from them (radiography course), I rather be a radiographer than a mechanical engineer. It's a personal choice .
French_Guy
Rep:
Got a conditional offer just heard from them! so happy hehe
username204576
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
If you guys have any questions, I'm happy to try and answer -- graduated from Exeter this summer

(Quote me, I'm rubbish at replying otherwise!)
username873316
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by JammyDodger3000)
If you guys have any questions, I'm happy to try and answer -- graduated from Exeter this summer

(Quote me, I'm rubbish at replying otherwise!)
I'm from north east so I'm not too familiar with exeter . While i was there exeter the city seemed quite quiet, whats the night life like?

Btw well done french_guy!
username204576
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
It's certainly one of the quieter cities, but there's student club nights every night if you've got the stamina (I certainly didn't! Although Timepiece Fridays is a must in my opinion!)

There's also loads of great pubs and bars - The Old Firehouse does the most amazing local ales and ciders, live music and giant square pizzas!

It's so amazing to be so close to the beach as well, it's 30 minutes on the train to Exmouth
ecokid
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by JammyDodger3000)
It's certainly one of the quieter cities, but there's student club nights every night if you've got the stamina (I certainly didn't! Although Timepiece Fridays is a must in my opinion!)

There's also loads of great pubs and bars - The Old Firehouse does the most amazing local ales and ciders, live music and giant square pizzas!

It's so amazing to be so close to the beach as well, it's 30 minutes on the train to Exmouth
Ello. I'm deciding between Cardiff and Exeter at the moment. Love them both for different reasons! Exeter has a great reputation, but Cardiff has a friendly vibe and great shopping! ARGH. Do you know how many weeks the radiography course runs for as I'm trying to work out a rough NHS bursary estimate?

Are there any downsides about studying at Exeter? I heard from a radiographer who was/is involved with training students from Exeter/Cardiff and UWE and she thought that Exeter students seemed the least prepared for the clinical setting, but were the best in regards to understanding the science.
username204576
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ecokid)
Ello. I'm deciding between Cardiff and Exeter at the moment. Love them both for different reasons! Exeter has a great reputation, but Cardiff has a friendly vibe and great shopping! ARGH. Do you know how many weeks the radiography course runs for as I'm trying to work out a rough NHS bursary estimate?

Are there any downsides about studying at Exeter? I heard from a radiographer who was/is involved with training students from Exeter/Cardiff and UWE and she thought that Exeter students seemed the least prepared for the clinical setting, but were the best in regards to understanding the science.

Not sure how long the course runs for, think you'd need to check the website, it might be up there. Believe we finished beginning of August in the first year (aah the joys of choosing to do Radiography instead of a normal course! lol) so you'd get quite a few weeks extra allowance.

I wouldn't say I was unprepared for the clinical setting, there's only so much they can do at Uni! At Exeter, you have small group teaching for positioning in the Spring term and they introduced dedicated teaching for specialities such as Theatre before your first placement.

I don't know how Cardiff organise their placements, but Exeter have one per year - each around 16 weeks long. I personally loved this, as it gives you an opportunity to really become a member of the department and get to know everyone. You get to know how the department works, so you can really focus on just learning how to take x-rays!

Exeter has a really high standard of graduates and a really good reputation amongst hospitals for producing good radiographers

When applying, I was torn between Exeter and Cardiff as well! In the end, Exeter itself, it's location and the location of the placements swayed it for me!
tri_zone
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Hi Guys,
Is any body there who has not yet heard about the interview of 8th March for Diagnostic Radiography?
Hope for positive response.
Thanks
js108687
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by French_Guy)
Got a conditional offer just heard from them! so happy hehe
Hi, I am going to Exeter for Medical Imaging in Sept
Kdub
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by js10868)
Hi, I am going to Exeter for Medical Imaging in Sept
Hi, I am too (If all goes well with results!)
imconfused
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kdub)
Hi, I am too (If all goes well with results!)
if u don't mind me asking what did u guys get? (as in grades as level)
Kdub
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by imconfused)
if u don't mind me asking what did u guys get? (as in grades as level)
I got BCCD at AS and my offer is ABB for A levels. What about you?
imconfused
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kdub)
I got BCCD at AS and my offer is ABB for A levels. What about you?
I will hopefully find out in summer ur grades r really gd! congrats
amyAcurran
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Any tips for medical imaging interview?
PaulPaulPaul
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hey guys! Has anyone done the interview? What was it like? Do they test your knowledge or is it more of a friendly chat? Thank you 😊
JammyGit07
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Oh wow, cant believe I only just found this thread, firming a conditional offer of BBC for Medical Imaging, hope to see you all in September
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (72)
18.8%
The paper was reasonable (145)
37.86%
Not feeling great about that exam... (110)
28.72%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
14.62%

Watched Threads