Breast reduction at 19???

Watch this thread
Fudgesickle
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
So I'm 19 and seriously considering a breast reduction - I'm a size 8-10, 5'5" and then wait for it....... a 32F!!! And I absolutely hate it. I know every wants different to how their bodies naturally are but I literally hate it!! I'm so out of proportion and can't go anywhere without some smart alec guy commenting on my top region!!!! I always wear clothes that try hide me or flatten me out a bit, I wish I could wear more fitted stuff but it does my head in guys staring and making comments - especially as I'm quite shy anyway. And they aren't your perfect imaginary boobs either they're just huge and actually hurt my back and sides cause I practically have to wear a sling to keep them up. The annoying thing is I used to be really flat chested when I was younger and doing tonnes of sport, then as soon as I stopped it was like bam! Hey 32 F's in one night (not really that quick but you get the jist) so yeah anyone got the same issue or can just console me whilst I sit here whining
Skriblerier
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 years ago
One of my friends actually had a breast reduction. She was advised to do so by her GP as she would have problems with her back later in life due to the her heavy front part. Talk to you GP about it and ask if there is any thing she/he can do for you
Fudgesickle
Rep:
(Original post by Skriblerier)
One of my friends actually had a breast reduction. She was advised to do so by her GP as she would have problems with her back later in life due to the her heavy front part. Talk to you GP about it and ask if there is any thing she/he can do for you
Really?! Did she go down loads of sizes or just a bit? I will deffo talk to them as soon as I can!
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
If it's causing you back pain then it's an entirely legitimate thing to go and talk to your GP about, and the NHS will probably fund it (eventually).
heirloom
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
If its giving you back ache and making you self conscious I would do it and as others have said take to your GP as you should be able to get it on the NHS
Fudgesickle
Rep:
(Original post by heirloom)
If its giving you back ache and making you self conscious I would do it and as others have said take to your GP as you should be able to get it on the NHS

Yeah I will definitely do that, never considered actually going to my gp about it before but will now!
chrisawhitmore
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I'd second what some of the more helpful people on this thread, have said, have a talk with your GP and make it clear that you're really not happy (playing up the back pain will be very helpful, as they are supposed to refer you, some bureaucrat having seen the relative costs of a breast reduction and long term care for someone with chronic back pain and decided the operation is cheaper). Depending on the quality your GP, you may have to go back a couple of times complaining of back pain before they'll let you get referred, but most will cave for the sake of an easy life pretty quickly.

God luck whatever you decide to do.
-aTOMic-
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Don't be too hasty. They might get you that job promotion later in life.
Truflais
Badges: 20
Report 9 years ago
Wow, F cup! I'm rather chesty myself but I don't really get much back pain, I do have a friend who has size G breasts and she like you is a size 10 and regularly complains of the weight. It sucks for her too as she's crazy athletic and it kind of prevents her doing as much as she'd like to. If you genuinely feel you'd benefit from it then I'd definitely go for it I'd see your GP first though as others have already said, find out more about the operation
yellowcopter
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Aren't bigger boobies a good thing?
321zero
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Fudgesickle)
So I'm 19 and seriously considering a breast reduction - I'm a size 8-10, 5'5" and then wait for it....... a 32F!!! And I absolutely hate it. I know every wants different to how their bodies naturally are but I literally hate it!! I'm so out of proportion and can't go anywhere without some smart alec guy commenting on my top region!!!! I always wear clothes that try hide me or flatten me out a bit, I wish I could wear more fitted stuff but it does my head in guys staring and making comments - especially as I'm quite shy anyway. And they aren't your perfect imaginary boobs either they're just huge and actually hurt my back and sides cause I practically have to wear a sling to keep them up. The annoying thing is I used to be really flat chested when I was younger and doing tonnes of sport, then as soon as I stopped it was like bam! Hey 32 F's in one night (not really that quick but you get the jist) so yeah anyone got the same issue or can just console me whilst I sit here whining
“What? That's like slapping God across the face for giving you a beautiful gift.” Seth this in response to Evan who just revealed one of the girls is rumored to have gotten breast reduction surgery." - Superbad.

username807367
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I've got a friend who was a similar size and has had a breast reduction, she got it on the NHS because it was causing her serious back pain. She says it's so much better now, she also has ME/CFS so she gets ill/tired really easily and reducing her back pain has dramatically increased the amount of things she can do in a day before she's exhausted. All from going down 2/3 cup sizes (not positive how far she went down).
Beth393
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Hiya I think a breast reduction would be the best if you're having back pain. And despite the risks of surgery, its worth it if it's the only solution to the problem.
I had the opposite problem, I'm 18 and just had breast implants because I was so flat chested. Luckily I had the finances to pay to go privately (I don't believe that the NHS should be paying for cosmetic surgery such as mine), but if it's causing physical pain the NHS should finance the surgery to sort it... but it'll probably take quite a few trips to the doctors.
And as for the pervs who's only advice is to show them pictures of the 'problem' get a grip, get into the real world and find a girl rather trying to get a picture of a girls boobs over the internet.

But best of luck to you
hippieglitter
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I'm a 34G and I get comments and looks from guys too, it happens to all of us big girls at some point especially if your slim too. I actually had a quite offensive and frankly hurtful drawing left at work for me by a group of teenage boys. I almost cried. I've thought about it myself but wouldn't recommend a breast reduction at your age and at your current size you probably wouldn't get it on the NHS. I think you have to be certain size and be able to prove how their size is causing you problems, plus if you may want children in the future breast reduction surgery can destroy the milk ducts and prevent you from breast feeding your baby.

Have you tried M&S minimiser bras, I used to wear them all the time. I like to believe they saved me from any breast related gibes that I could have suffered at 6th form.
marcus2001
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
A better solution to this I believe would be to begin barbell rowing to strengthen your upper back, begin with a weight you can do easily and increase 2.5kg weekly.
Anna MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I'm a size 8-10, 5'5" and 30G
I was in the exact same situation as you... you're probably wearing the wrong bra
bravissimo.com has bra's specifically for abnormal sizes like ours lol
A reduction is a bit drastic.
Also, try not to go bra-less and wear bras with the seam going downwards as opposed to straight across are better for your back and the upkeep of your boobs lol
once I changed my bras I didn't experience any more back problems unless I was on my feet for really long period of time and then if not painkillers there are exercises to strengthen your upper body and/or back

Hope I helped
Inbox me if anything =]
Fudgesickle
Rep:
(Original post by hippieglitter)
Have you tried M&S minimiser bras, I used to wear them all the time. I like to believe they saved me from any breast related gibes that I could have suffered at 6th form.
No I will look these up! anything that helps! Thanks for your comment

(Original post by marcus2001)
A better solution to this I believe would be to begin barbell rowing to strengthen your upper back, begin with a weight you can do easily and increase 2.5kg weekly.
I've tried loads of exercises, I will give these a go! I'm athletic anyway which is why they're so annoying!

(Original post by Anna MC)
I'm a size 8-10, 5'5" and 30G
I was in the exact same situation as you... you're probably wearing the wrong bra
bravissimo.com has bra's specifically for abnormal sizes like ours lol
A reduction is a bit drastic.
Also, try not to go bra-less and wear bras with the seam going downwards as opposed to straight across are better for your back and the upkeep of your boobs lol
once I changed my bras I didn't experience any more back problems unless I was on my feet for really long period of time and then if not painkillers there are exercises to strengthen your upper body and/or back

Hope I helped
Inbox me if anything =]
Gee and I thought I had it bad! haha actually I've bought bra's from there before, you're right in that our sizes are difficult to find! What do you mean about the seams? that sounds useful! I honestly don't think I'd be half as bothered about them if it wasn't for all the sport I did - its difficult (and expensive) to have specific sports bras or even every day bras that are comfortable and hold me up! Thanks for your useful comment!
Witty Username
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
x
Sports bra wise, shock absorbers are excellent. Can't recommend them highly enough, they can sometimes be quite pricy, but they've got a sale on them at debenhams currently.
hippieglitter
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Witty Username)
Sports bra wise, shock absorbers are excellent. Can't recommend them highly enough, they can sometimes be quite pricy, but they've got a sale on them at debenhams currently.
I didn't like my shock absorber it was really uncomfortable and didn't support me, the best sports bra I have is M&S heavy duty for running.
Witty Username
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hippieglitter)
I didn't like my shock absorber it was really uncomfortable and didn't support me, the best sports bra I have is M&S heavy duty for running.
Fair enough, maybe I've been lucky with them!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
20%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
11.58%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.26%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (17)
17.89%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (23)
24.21%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
21.05%

Watched Threads