Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just that really....who's going to the STW demo on saturday march 20th in London???

anyone...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aurorascopic)
    Just that really....who's going to the STW demo on saturday march 20th in London???

anyone...?
    Sorry to sound stupid, but what's STW?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Can't, I'm washing my hair...

STW: Stop The War

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    Sorry to sound stupid, but what's STW?? :confused:
    stop the war :rolleyes: i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Can't, I'm washing my hair...

STW: Stop The War
    washing your?!!!washing your hair!!??......you are kidding...right? o_O

ReputationRep:
    washing your?!!!washing your hair!!??......you are kidding...right? o_O
    Yes. I'm kidding.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I'm kidding.
    oh you ARE kidding?...really?...wow...that means you're going?...right?...wow!

yay!

ReputationRep:
    oh you ARE kidding?...really?...wow...that means you're going?...right?...wow!

yay!
    Ehh... no... I'm sure me and the lads are going out...

Not that I'm against the protest or anything...

ReputationRep:

anyone...?
    Yes, lets waste money, a whole day and get into trouble to stop a war that has already taken place.

Makes sense...

ReputationRep:
    Ehh... no... I'm sure me and the lads are going out...

Not that I'm against the protest or anything...
    aww okies then...

*sighs* oh well....im sure there'll be plenty others....just not from this forum i gues...

ReputationRep:
    aww okies then...

*sighs* oh well....im sure there'll be plenty others....just not from this forum i gues...
    reasoning behind going?

ReputationRep:
    yes I will be there. I'll be tired though after going to see the ENO's production of rhinegold the night before

MB

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Let's do what the trots tell us and march from A to B at regular intervals, long after the war is over, with the only tangible effect being a further decrease in the credibility and influence of STW as, predictably and understandably, the turnout falls yet further.

But, heh, the SWP get to sell a few papers and recruit a few members, so it ain't totally worthless then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Yes! Let's do what the trots tell us and march from A to B at regular intervals, long after the war is over, with the only tangible effect being a further decrease in the credibility and influence of STW as, predictably and understandably, the turnout falls yet further.

But, heh, the SWP get to sell a few papers and recruit a few members, so it ain't totally worthless then...
    I completely agree with your point. I can't believe the concessions they have made with respect, well actually I c an believe it cos that's wht the swp always do. At the moment their main recruiting ground is in young muslim fundamentalists. Maybe someone should remind them that MAB are related to the egyption organisation Muslim brotherhood who were let out of jail to beat up communists. The last time I was at an swp meeting - don't even know why I wen, I was termed "anarchist", "Menchevic", and "neo-liberal". Have you ever had fun calling them popular frontists? they get so annoyed . YOU MADE ME SMILE SO YOU'RE GETTING SOME GOOD REP.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    The last time I was at an swp meeting - don't even know why I went
    lol, perhaps it was the stimulating open minded debate? or perhaps because they're the group with momentum and the glorious revolution is obviously just round the corner! feel the vanguard baby!

I was termed "anarchist", "Menchevic", and "neo-liberal". Have you ever had fun calling them popular frontists? they get so annoyed .
    heh, quite. they've got more fronts than a mafia money laundering operation!

YOU MADE ME SMILE SO YOU'RE GETTING SOME GOOD REP.
    cheers..

ReputationRep:
    Is it not a bit late to stop the war? After it has finished? You need more planning really, it would have been better to protest before the war. That way it is usually more effective. What will a stop the war demo achieve now?

ReputationRep:
    You're a year too late.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, lets march to stop World War 2, come on everybody lets show them! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Yes, lets march to stop World War 2, come on everybody lets show them! :rolleyes:
    :eek:war war 2 is coming? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    LMAO...you people are funny *thumbs up*

have a nice day folk

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.