The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

hey is kent medway campus worse than canterbury campus?

I'm trying to apply similar related courses in Kent. And, I found out that courses in Medway campus require far less grade than courses in Canterbury campus. Does this mean that there's gap between campuses?
Reply 1
Canterbury is a very nice place to live/study, so I imagine they're trying to persuade people to go to the medway campus (I worked in Gillingham, where the Medway campus is, for about 6 months)
(edited 11 years ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
I live in Medway. There is a big difference in canterbury and medway. Much nicer campus and area. And it is a lot bigger than the medway one. Any specific questions about either place feel free to ask, i am very familiar with both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
i am joining in 2013 sept!!!
can u tell me about the campus life?
It's two completely different styles of campus, the Medway one is smaller and more urban, the Canterbury one is huge and very chaotic.. Even if you went to the Medway campus there is a free bus every hour between the campus' so you can have the best of both :smile: you can take modules at both campus' too if your programme allows wild modules

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
As has largely been said, but I feel I could helpfully summarise, Canterbury is the main campus, and is more of a campus in the proper sense of the term. Medway 'campus' is indeed somewhat more urban, though still perfectly satisfactory and functional.
It is also worth noting that every year the Kent Union VP candidates promise to forge lots of better links and provide new things for Medway as they are often perceived as underprivileged, and usually a couple of these actually come to fruition, so the 'gap' between the two, as it is perceived, is regularly narrowing.
Having been to Medway a couple of times (on the pretty good free bus service they run), I wouldn't say it's a matter of better and worse, just a matter of different.

You should also look to here for an official response:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2270867
(edited 11 years ago)
I visited both and much preferred the canterbury campus, it was lovely! so much greenery with fantastic facilities.
Do you know how long it takes with the free bus to get to Canterbery from Medway??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending