Turn on thread page Beta

how did Hitler persuade a country he was right watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoxNewsRocks)
    The difference is, the christians legislate for America and not for israel. Isnt that what US govt officials are supposed to do, regardless of their race or religions?
    Do you honestly beleive that christians do not let their religion influence their opinions on political issues? How about Bush's proposed amendment of the constitution preventing Gays from marrying? Don't come and tell me that has nothing to do with religion. Is it acceptable for Religion to interfere with domestic politics but not teh foreign one? In case, why? Some christians would support Israel because of their religion, others would condem it because of the religion. Furthermore, were did you get this idea that because a person is a Jew they try to change the laws as to suit Israel? Please. It was Jewish ministers who eventually put an end to Israels offense in 1967 by threatening to cut off trade of military supplies. Also, the US has managed to interfere with the rest of the world politics. Vietnam, Korea, Chile, Cuba and a number of other states are worth mentioning. Also, surely every state need to have a foreign policy. The US has regarded several international issues to be important, one of them is the spread of democracy. This is another reason why the US supports Israel. Israel is the only functioning democracy in the ME (You may want to count Turkey to teh ME, but teh US has had quite good relationships with Turkey as well ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Do you honestly beleive that christians do not let their religion influence their opinions on political issues? How about Bush's proposed amendment of the constitution preventing Gays from marrying? Don't come and tell me that has nothing to do with religion. Is it acceptable for Religion to interfere with domestic politics but not teh foreign one? In case, why? Some christians would support Israel because of their religion, others would condem it because of the religion. Furthermore, were did you get this idea that because a person is a Jew they try to change the laws as to suit Israel? Please. It was Jewish ministers who eventually put an end to Israels offense in 1967 by threatening to cut off trade of military supplies. Also, the US has managed to interfere with the rest of the world politics. Vietnam, Korea, Chile, Cuba and a number of other states are worth mentioning. Also, surely every state need to have a foreign policy. The US has regarded several international issues to be important, one of them is the spread of democracy. This is another reason why the US supports Israel. Israel is the only functioning democracy in the ME (You may want to count Turkey to teh ME, but teh US has had quite good relationships with Turkey as well ).
    Race or religion is not important as long as they look out for America[n]s interest and not some other countries.

jonatan, the only reason the US supports israel is because the AIPAC threatens people, if not for that we would drop israel like the 5 billiion dollar bad habit it is. Israel has the 4th or 5th largest GDP in the world, why should they need our tax dollars too? I guess as long as its for israel its ok to make threats isnt it? The JDL goes and bombs people that speak out against israel, isnt that kinda like what israel itself does? BTW, the JDL(jewish defense league) is a terrorist organization. http://www.cnn.com/2001/LAW/12/12/jdl.arrests/

Most of us here in the US overwhelmingly agree with Bushs amendment proposal banning gay marriage. The only ones who support gay anything are gays and brainwashed lemmings. America still lives by high moral values and religion is still respected, we havent been destroyed like most of europe, yet. But the ADL, ACLU and JDL are trying really hard to tear us down to their level. The fight goes on.

ReputationRep:
    Tony Blair was once asked by Jeremy Paxman - "does your Christian faith influence your opinions on policy?"

Blair replied (not ad verbatim but as near as damn it!) "I don't allow my personal beliefs to influence my job as Prime Minister".

Paxman - "So your beliefs do not influence your policies?"

What does influence a leader to determine policies then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoxNewsRocks)
    Race or religion is not important as long as they look out for America[n]s interest and not some other countries.

jonatan, the only reason the US supports israel is because the AIPAC threatens people, if not for that we would drop israel like the 5 billiion dollar bad habit it is. Israel has the 4th or 5th largest GDP in the world, why should they need our tax dollars too? I guess as long as its for israel its ok to make threats isnt it? The JDL goes and bombs people that speak out against israel, isnt that kinda like what israel itself does? BTW, the JDL(jewish defense league) is a terrorist organization. http://www.cnn.com/2001/LAW/12/12/jdl.arrests/

Most of us here in the US overwhelmingly agree with Bushs amendment proposal banning gay marriage. The only ones who support gay anything are gays and brainwashed lemmings. America still lives by high moral values and religion is still respected, we havent been destroyed like most of europe, yet. But the ADL, ACLU and JDL are trying really hard to tear us down to their level. The fight goes on.
    Yes, the JDL is a terrorist organisation, which was why ISraeli government arrested and charged their members. Terrorism is not OK, Israel has understood that and tries to prevent it. Those who target innocent civilians are treated as criminals and brought to court in Israel. Not so long ago they charged one of their own soldiers for manslaughter. This is far more than you can expect from any other country nor authority. Israel does have a consequent stand against the use of terror organisations. Also, you really think AIPAC has such a large political influence on teh American government? I mean cmon, al-Qaida has killed thousands of americans. Officials ambassadors and civilians, this doesnt mean that the US has any support whatsoever for them. Your ide that the US supports Israel because it is under threat is nonsense. If teh US felt like it they could annihilate about any country on the surface of this world. Do you seriously beleive that they are threatened into supporting a tiny country with 10 million inhabitants?

As for supporting Israel. Whats the huge problem with this? The money the US sends to Israel is a drop in the Ocean compared to what they waste everywhere else (Take Iraq as an example). The US has a foreign policy and one of their goals is to promote the spread of democracy. Israel being the single democracy in the ME is therefore considdered important. The US spends lots of money abroad where they considder it to serve a purpose. The marshall plan was implemented in order to create trade partners in Europe, the US fudn teh UN because they considder the organisations existance to be important, and they fund Israel cus Israel is considdered important.

As for your idea that everyone in the US supports a ban ongay marriage I sugest you take a look outside the door again. If you can show me ANY credible figures whatsoever sugesting that the majority in the US supports a change of the constitution to ban gay marriage then we can discuss the reasons for it afterwards. As for now I shall claim that your claim is simply nonsense.

Also, last time I checked it was al-Qaida, North Korea, PLFP and a large number of other extremist terror organisations who tried to tear down the US.

ReputationRep:
    well he said "right boys and girls, if you all support me i will give you all free volkwagen minis,"
    they were all persuaded by that little talk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superomega1)
    well he said "right boys and girls, if you all support me i will give you all free volkwagen minis,"
    they were all persuaded by that little talk.
    Partially, but there were other reasons why he could get the broad support from the people who helped him turn germany into a dictatorship. Btw, there were several people in Hitlers regime which were even more Anti-semitic than Hitler himself.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.