The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I doubt he convinced anyone of anything - only provided a course of action to express the bitterness already present in the psyche of the german population.
Reply 21
MuniE
Its because his dad brainwashed him

yes indeed
rIcHrD
I doubt he convinced anyone of anything - only provided a course of action to express the bitterness already present in the psyche of the german population.

That could be an explanation but it doesn't account for all the population. It's even difficult now to assess how much impact propaganda had on the population, in some parts it was definitly ineffective.
Reply 23
horrorboy
i cant get my head round it. surely german ppl cud see that killing jews was wrong and some1 cud have stopped him :confused:

He buggered half the German population, and used his 'hard' evidence to get people to share his views.
Reply 24
rIcHrD

He planted the seed of distrust and hatred into the manure of dippression and poverty.
Reply 25
pal_sch
He planted the seed of distrust and hatred into the manure of dippression and poverty.

And from that acorn of malice grew a mighty oak of evil whose branches sheilded the world from the light that shone down from the sun of human goodness.............<snore>
Howard
And from that acorn of malice grew a mighty oak of evil whose branches sheilded the world from the light that shone down from the sun of human goodness.............<snore>

(Ouch) I smiled.
Reply 27
waiting2smile
(Ouch) I smiled.

Aha!.....made you smile!
Howard
Aha!.....made you smile!

I know not fair! Back to Hitler...a lazy, unintelligent, inconsistent man whos only talent was public speaking. If only he had been accepted into Art College and i wouldn't have been forced to study him. One of the most dullest man there ever was :mad:

p.s Sorry for my outburst but it does seem like trivial stuff i'm being made to learn.
Reply 29
waiting2smile
I know not fair! Back to Hitler...a lazy, unintelligent, inconsistent man whos only talent was public speaking. If only he had been accepted into Art College and i wouldn't have been forced to study him. One of the most dullest man there ever was :mad:

p.s Sorry for my outburst but it does seem like trivial stuff i'm being made to learn.

Not really boring but certainly.........."done to death" I'd say. Mind you, I wonder how much duller would be history lessons without horrible people like Hitler and Pol Pot.

The fact is ugly folks like Hitler, Napoleon, Ghengis Khan, unpleasent organizations like the KKK, and ruthless empires make history bearable.

Without this, history would just be "social" and involve in depth studies of the "spinning jenny", and crop rotation during the 18th century. Yuk!
Howard

The fact is ugly folks like Hitler, Napoleon, Ghengis Khan, unpleasent organizations like the KKK, and ruthless empires make history bearable.

You forgot to add Stalin. A favourite of mine :tongue:
Reply 31
waiting2smile
You forgot to add Stalin. A favourite of mine :tongue:

Yes, he's another of history's villains. I hate to say it but from the point of studying history alone wouldn't it be a droll subject without thse guys (and gals.......thinking Eliz I chopping everybodies heads off!)?
Many of hitler's followers participated in the killing of jews not because of their own beliefs but due to the need to obey an authoritarian figure.

A psychological study on obedience was carried out by Milgram et al in the 1950's which looked into whether the Germans were more likely to obey as a race and found that Americans were just as obedient

The study asked the participants (50 Males, American) to electrocute another human being (in reality an actor, but this was unknown to the participants) through a range of voltages starting from 15 volts - 450 volts (fatal)

Over 60% of the participants administered a fatal shock of 450 volts after the actor had 'passed out' simply because they were ordered to.
As far as the participants were concerned they had actually killed another human being.

Out of 50 participants, not one stopped adminstering the progressive electric shocks before reaching 300 volts.
Reply 33
How did Hitler persuade a country he was right

He didnt have to persuade them, people already knew deep inside that he spoke the truth. He spoke what the German people thought but were afraid to say openly.
Reply 34
18 Combat
He didnt have to persuade them, people already knew deep inside that he spoke the truth. He spoke what the German people thought but were afraid to say openly.

No, he spoke lies that were more soothing than the truth.
Reply 35
horrorboy
i cant get my head round it. surely german ppl cud see that killing jews was wrong and some1 cud have stopped him :confused:

I used to be confused about this too.

There's a feature length drama called The Rise Of Hitler, is extremly good, rather acurate, and fills in the gaps, i'd recommend u get a copy on dvd or something only about 8.99 now. :mad: I payed 15.99, grrr

Honestly worth a watch. If you don't like it and say you brought it for Tosh but he already has a copy... :biggrin:
Reply 36
angel D
apparently someone i cant remember who has said that the holocaust never really happened and it was all made up as anti german propaganda

I think it's a criminal offence in Germany today, to deny the holocaust happened, for which you could get put in jail.
Reply 37
shilling
I think it's a criminal offence in Germany today, to deny the holocaust happened, for which you could get put in jail.

So much for freedom of speech.
A history lesson from an American.

The jews built up Germany in exactly the same way(as current America & UK for that matter) in the 1930s only to have it come crashing down, and that was of their(jews) own doing also. Jews shut down every institution and business in germany in the late 1930s. They closed down the seaports and cutoff all the oil lines coming into germany. The jews owned just about everything back then also, so when they decided to screw over the German govt, they miscalculated their decision in their zeal to hurt the govt. and had it backfire on them. After the govt of germany took actions against this jewish rebellion, hitler then comitted a blunder by trying to go too far in retaliation by putting the jews into CONCENTRATION CAMPS just like America did japanese and germans during early WW2. Had he just took care of his business and not had the whole of europe on his mind, he would have been successful. ( i`m no hitler fan, he was a monster by all means but no proof of gassings has ever been proven.) They(jews) will never in a million years admit that they caused their own demise, but historical facts bare it out that they did in fact cause it. American/UK jews were the ones that cut off oil shipments to Japan, resulting in the attack on pearl harbor. Everything i`m telling you is historical fact if you are willing to seek out the information. If you depend on the "elite" media to ever tell you what really happened, it wont ever happen. Remember they are protecting their own backs by keeping most facts hidden, thats where they have and have gotten their power, the power to tell you what they want you to know, or to hide what they dont want you to know. That is the most powerful tool to control is the media, with that media control comes political control.

If laws were ever passed in the USA forbidding discussing historical facts like they have done to you in the UK/Australia and other euro countries, there would be revolution in the streets. What has happened to you UK`ers? Have you wimped out? If you are not willing to standup for your rights, then you deserve none.
Reply 39
FoxNewsRocks
A history lesson from an American.

The jews built up Germany in exactly the same way(as current America & UK for that matter) in the 1930s only to have it come crashing down, and that was of their(jews) own doing also. Jews shut down every institution and business in germany in the late 1930s. They closed down the seaports and cutoff all the oil lines coming into germany. The jews owned just about everything back then also, so when they decided to screw over the German govt, they miscalculated their decision in their zeal to hurt the govt. and had it backfire on them. After the govt of germany took actions against this jewish rebellion, hitler then comitted a blunder by trying to go too far in retaliation by putting the jews into CONCENTRATION CAMPS just like America did japanese and germans during early WW2. Had he just took care of his business and not had the whole of europe on his mind, he would have been successful. ( i`m no hitler fan, he was a monster by all means but no proof of gassings has ever been proven.) They(jews) will never in a million years admit that they caused their own demise, but historical facts bare it out that they did in fact cause it. American/UK jews were the ones that cut off oil shipments to Japan, resulting in the attack on pearl harbor. Everything i`m telling you is historical fact if you are willing to seek out the information. If you depend on the "elite" media to ever tell you what really happened, it wont ever happen. Remember they are protecting their own backs by keeping most facts hidden, thats where they have and have gotten their power, the power to tell you what they want you to know, or to hide what they dont want you to know. That is the most powerful tool to control is the media, with that media control comes political control.

If laws were ever passed in the USA forbidding discussing historical facts like they have done to you in the UK/Australia and other euro countries, there would be revolution in the streets. What has happened to you UK`ers? Have you wimped out? If you are not willing to standup for your rights, then you deserve none.

shut the hell up. Comparing US acts to the germans? U have got to be joking me. That whole post is BS. Jews cut off oil supplies? Caused our own demise? That is the biggest piece of BS i have ever had the misfortune of reading.

Latest