The Student Room Group

Need help with A Levels PLEASE!!

Hey guys i'm an international student, i've been on a gap year, spent 8-9 months in training ( enlisted into National Service ), i finally have the time to resume my studies now ( didn't do too well for A levels the last time round ).

The closest exams i can take are in May/June, i was initially thinking of taking AS levels and then going on to do A2's in the end of the year but i only just realised that you can take the entire A levels in May/June itself.

Do you think it's possible? I was initially thinking of taking 4 subjects :

Physics
Chemistry
Math
Economics

Will dropping one subject ( probably chemstry ) and focusing on 3 subjects for the next 3-4 months give me enough time to score good grades ( at least BBB ?)

One more thing, would it make any difference in terms of difficulty ( considering the current situation i'm in) if i took Edexcel instead of CIE?

Please guys i really need your help, i need to know from your experiences if it's possible, i need to get back on track and want to be ready for university by the time i'm done with National Service.

Thanks for reading guys :smile::smile:
Reply 1
anyone??? :frown:
Reply 2
I am an international students too. I initially planned to do what you're doing now but then I realised that I don't want to take the risk of failing bcs A level exams are hard. So now I'm applying to sixth form college to study A levels. But it really depends on how much effort you are willing to make. If you think you can do well, then just take the exams. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest