The Student Room Group

alevels

Hello there
i need some advice.
My daughter was very academic, top student at a selective/grammar school in Sydney, but gave up studies to persue a career in ballet and took up an offer in a top ballet school in UK. Now very unhappy and lost, she feels that she doesn't want to be in the ballet world and would like to go back to an academic life. How do we put her on that path? Being part of the ballet world has been her life 6 /7 days a week, 9-12 hours a day most of her life.
She is now 17. can she take a levels or IB? Can this be done is a year or will it take two? She is unsure on what to do as a uni course, but is there a foundation course while you decide in UK or am I better to return to Australia (I see the University of Melbourne is about to be on your forum).
Any help out there greatly appreciated...we are a bit lost in the woods at the moment!!
You can take A levels at any age.
Just apply to a college or sixth form (if she will be 19 or under at the end of the second year) and assuming she has the grades, she can do it! :biggrin:

Good luck to your daughter.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
You can take A levels anytime at school or at a college (Which might include more people retaking or staring a levels later). IB is only in selected schools but is more broad in the range of topics it includes so good for people who are not decided in what they wish to do. And both courses take two years generally, the two qualifications can be used in both countries i beleive so even if staying here is the best option for now then university in Australia is an option or the other way round.
As my school tutor says it's all about the research, so just find as much as you can get your hands on about all the options.

Quick Reply

Latest