The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Pakistani at LJMU/ Liverpool Uni

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by martialartist123
Ohh okaay, im sure you will find someone :-)

I've not booked any halls yet will probably do that in a couple of weeks, want to get something close to my building.
How about you? Which halls are you planning on staying at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey, i've booked and put down my deposit for Europa halls, its 15 minutes away from my building but i don't mind the walk
Liverpool
Original post by Farheenx
hey, i've booked and put down my deposit for Europa halls, its 15 minutes away from my building but i don't mind the walk

Cool, thats a nice place to stay... I was going to stay there but cant really afford to walk every morning, wouldnt mind something about a few minutes away from byrom street building

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Cool, thats a nice place to stay... I was going to stay there but cant really afford to walk every morning, wouldnt mind something about a few minutes away from byrom street building

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be Liberty Atlantic point or Victoria hall right ?
That would be Liberty Atlantic point or Victoria hall right ?

Hmmm yeah atlantic point i think... Not heard of victoria halls is that any good?
not really done my research on everywhere yet.. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Hmmm yeah atlantic point i think... Not heard of victoria halls is that any good?
not really done my research on everywhere yet.. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye, Victoria halls were my second choice, looks really homely.
Go on th JMU accommodation page on the uni website, they show you which is closest to your department
Ye, Victoria halls were my second choice, looks really homely.
Go on th JMU accommodation page on the uni website, they show you which is closest to your department

Yeah will check it out, yeah for me between victoria halls and atlantic....
That was helpful thanks ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Yeah will check it out, yeah for me between victoria halls and atlantic....
That was helpful thanks ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

N.P - you on facebook or twitter by any chance?
N.P - you on facebook or twitter by any chance?

Yeah im on twitter! Follow me ;-)
I'll Pm you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Hey is there any one who is an Asian/Muslim/Pakistani that's starting at LJMU / Liverpool Uni in September 2013?

I'm starting and I'm feeling really anxious, i would love to meet someone from the same background as me joining me at the university.

Hey! I'm a first year Pharmacy student, You'll be absolutely fine. 60% of people on my course are Asian. There's A LOT of muslims too. You'll be absolutely fine! Don't be nervous. I stayed in Vic Halls for my first year, then I'm moving to marybone next year. Would recommend Marybone, loads of pharmacy students stay there! There will be a halls group, the marybone one is here http://www.facebook.com/groups/48t2388375146234/?fref=ts just post on there and ask if anyone else is studying pharmacy, it'll be most active right after results day. Make sure you get on it, you could meet your flatmates! Marybone tell you which flat you're in, but Vic halls don't tell you anything. I requested to live with 2 people I met on the facebook group, so I knew people before I moved in. One was from Pharmacy! :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by LizzieA.
Hey! I'm a first year Pharmacy student, You'll be absolutely fine. 60% of people on my course are Asian. There's A LOT of muslims too. You'll be absolutely fine! Don't be nervous. I stayed in Vic Halls for my first year, then I'm moving to marybone next year. Would recommend Marybone, loads of pharmacy students stay there! There will be a halls group, the marybone one is here http://www.facebook.com/groups/48t2388375146234/?fref=ts just post on there and ask if anyone else is studying pharmacy, it'll be most active right after results day. Make sure you get on it, you could meet your flatmates! Marybone tell you which flat you're in, but Vic halls don't tell you anything. I requested to live with 2 people I met on the facebook group, so I knew people before I moved in. One was from Pharmacy! :smile:

hello, is vic halls close to your pharmacy lecture rooms and everything?
What accomodation would you reccomend for a first year pharmacy student, like whats best quality and closest to uni ? Well pharm building

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31

Hey, thank you for the reassurance, I'm sure I'll be fine, and I'm staying at Europa
Reply 32
Original post by Anjna
hello, is vic halls close to your pharmacy lecture rooms and everything?

Hi Anjna! Yep, it's literally a 5 minute walk! I get up at 8.30 and am in lectures by 9 every morning ;P it is a really lovely halls, but I'm moving to Marybone, which is cheaper, and I prefer it tbh! :smile:

If any of you have AANYYY questions about pharmacy at LJMU please message me, or PM me for my facebook :smile:
xx
Reply 33
What accomodation would you reccomend for a first year pharmacy student, like whats best quality and closest to uni ? Well pharm building

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would recommend either Vic halls, marybone or Atlantic point.
I stayed at Vic halls for my first year, directly opposite marybone! They're both so so close to all of your lecture buildings. It's really lovely and modern too, nothing like I expected to be honest! En suites are fine. Marybone is cheaper, and just as nice in my opinion. HUGE TVS. I'm staying there next year :smile: x
I stayed at Vic halls for my first year, directly opposite marybone! They're both so so close to all of your lecture buildings. It's really lovely and modern too, nothing like I expected to be honest! En suites are fine. Marybone is cheaper, and just as nice in my opinion. HUGE TVS. I'm staying there next year :smile: x

Thank you, very helpful :-)
Will probably come Liverpool and check these accomodations out very soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
if i get the offer im going for vine court, opal court and probably prospect point as my top 3
Original post by MedMed12
if i get the offer im going for vine court, opal court and probably prospect point as my top 3

Cool, good luck with your grades.
Are they more Near Liverpool uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37

Hey Lizzie, for a second year student, are halls still available to stay in?
Reply 38
Cool, good luck with your grades.
Are they more Near Liverpool uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, at the nigh of impossible for me atm haha find out in 2-3 weeks if im in though *yay*
yep they are on liverpool uni's campus
Reply 39
for all of you who attended the interview day did you go to the accomodation tour at the end? if so how long was it? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending