Turn on thread page Beta

I sat last years paper in a mock and got 74%.

(I your talking about June 2002)

ReputationRep:
    12.5 it was...

you have it easy
    last years paper was hell!
    yeah this year it was a piece of cake. I did do last years paper for revision though and didn't find it too hard. Though doing a P1 paper when you are doing P3 at the same time, you're bound not to find it difficult no matter what. Which brings me to my next question, did you do P3 this year? Wasn't it a hellish paper?

ReputationRep:
    i forgot to add the C constant thing for 1b)

There were 3 stationary points, I only got 2 but I think you should have dun something like.....

4x^3 - 16x
    4x^3 = 16x
    4x^2 = 16
    x^2= 4
    x = +2 and -2

0 was the other one.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Unregistered
    There was only one stationary point!

What on earth are you taling about?

I dont do P3 but a friend says that it was impossibe. He keeps ranting about not being able to prove something.....????

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Leekey
    There were 3 stationary points, I only got 2 but I think you should have dun something like.....

4x^3 - 16x
    4x^3 = 16x
    4x^2 = 16
    x^2= 4
    x = +2 and -2

0 was the other one.

You can't do that. You can't divide by x, because you are losing answers. You have to take 16x to the other side and factorise.

OK, thats some more marks dropped but I did get +2 and -2.
    If I got to the correct answers in the wrong way, do I still get the marks???

ReputationRep:
    Yep. You want lose more than 1 or 2 marks on that one.

I realize now that I made sum really stupid mistakes.

By the way did you get around 13000 for the arithmetic series and 11 for the next part.

ReputationRep:
    what did u guys get for question 7, the intergration one?.....(area of R)

I cant remember the exact figure but it was around 21 or 22. I think it was some thing like 21/2/3

there was one stationary point, if we are talking about the P1 paper.

It said, y=f(x) or whatever, has A stationary point.

A being the key character^

so one stationary point

very easy p1, 100/100 compared to last years 50/100

Interesting theory considering the next question said "prove the nature of the stationary points"

With the points highlighted heavily

ReputationRep:
    The area was something like 20/3 or 21/3. The one with the arithmetic series, where you have to find how much they should sell to meet the target in 36 months was 10.98 pounds but I figured they'll want whole numbers so I wrote "roughly equal to 11" next to 10.98 just to be on the safe side.

By the way did you get around 13000 for the arithmetic series
    I really don't remember this one. It was a=280 d=5 n=36, just use n/2(2a+(n-i)d) and you can find the answer, I can't really be bothered to get the calculator out to do it right now though. :P

Doesn't matter, I've spoken to my friend (math guru) and he got something like the same.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Unregistered
    there was one stationary point, if we are talking about the P1 paper.

It said, y=f(x) or whatever, has A stationary point.

A being the key character^

so one stationary point
    Are you sure you're on Edexcel? Perhaps you did the AQA exam? Because it sure as hell was not 1 stationary point.

Am i the only person who got my stationary points at 8 and -8. oops. lol.
    Originally posted by AnotherChris
    Are you sure you're on Edexcel? Perhaps you did the AQA exam? Because it sure as hell was not 1 stationary point.

Wicked exam...think i got abt 85%!!!! whats grade boundaries??? considerin mechanics was kinda easy aswelll

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.