Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey, im doing my as psychology coursework about the effects of chunking on memory recall. i just wondered, what information do i need to put in to my briefing and debriefing?????
    thanks!!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charl)
    hey, im doing my as psychology coursework about the effects of chunking on memory recall. i just wondered, what information do i need to put in to my briefing and debriefing?????
    thanks!!
    x
    just say that u told the participants exactly wot the exp was about, the purpose of it and wot u were going to do wiv the results. also say that u told them they had the right to withdraw at any time.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't tell them the purpose of the experiment in the breifing, you have to tell them in the debrief

ReputationRep:
    in your breif you need to tell them what they have to do in the experiment and that they have the right to withdraw at any time.

the debreif needs to let the participants know what the purpose of the experiment was and also a contact address or telephone number so the participant can contact the researcher and obtain a copy of the experimental results and the research paper if they want.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my Internal assesment and where did you find the original study of chunking? Who did it?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here know what a 'Parvocellular pathway' is??

B/c my textbook (and it's even titled 'Neuroscience', not as impressive as it sounds) doesn't say anything about it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shortsweetnes16)
    I'm doing my Internal assesment and where did you find the original study of chunking? Who did it?
    i found bousfiled (1953) really useful! and mandler (1967) hope it helps!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.