Aqa psychology unit 2 psya2 Watch

LaserBeamedOrgs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello guys,

once again, I am starting a thread about Unit 2 Psychology for AQA board, feel free to comment on any issues that you're having, and people will respond to you. How are you guys doing? Personally, I have done 1/3 of the unit in school already...
kahinalouise
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
same here we have finished social influence, I'm finding it much more interesting then unit 1 but the exams seems more tricky in terms of number of essays. Just going to keep an eye on this thread, it was very helpful last time
mynameisntbobk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This is really early, but okay.

In school, we've just finished social psychology, I believe, and are starting the cognitive approach to psychopathology for individual differences and stress.

Like you said, its definitely more interesting than unit 1, but the exams seem harder, and there's so much more to remember, although the amount of studies so far isn't a lot.
LaserBeamedOrgs
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by mynameisntbobk)
This is really early, but okay.

In school, we've just finished social psychology, I believe, and are starting the cognitive approach to psychopathology for individual differences and stress.

Like you said, its definitely more interesting than unit 1, but the exams seem harder, and there's so much more to remember, although the amount of studies so far isn't a lot.
That's funny because our teacher is giving us 10 essays for individual differences, and she's making us do them now, which is even more frustrating!
mynameisntbobk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LaserBeamedOrgs)
That's funny because our teacher is giving us 10 essays for individual differences, and she's making us do them now, which is even more frustrating!
10?
Why so much? What are the essays on?
Jkizer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How difficult is the social psychology? we just finished abnormality and done 1/3 ish of stress
mynameisntbobk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jkizer)
How difficult is the social psychology? we just finished abnormality and done 1/3 ish of stress
Its not that difficult if I'm honest. The first bit may be confusing, as in the differences between the different types of conformity, but the studies are easy to remember for the section, and so are explanations of why people conform/obey.
LaserBeamedOrgs
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
10?
Why so much? What are the essays on?
These are the essays that I have done so far:

1) Outline and evaluate definitions of abnormality
2) Discuss the problem of cultural relativism in relation to the three definitions of abnormality
3) Outline and evaluate the biological explanation of psychopathology
4) Outline and evaluate the psychodynamic explanation of psychopathology
5) Outline and evaluate the behavioural explanation of psychopathology
6) Outline and evaluate the cognitive explanation of psychopathology
7) Outline and evaluate the biological treatments of psychopathology
8) Outline and evaluate the cognitive treatments of psychopathology
9) Outline and evaluate the psychodynamic treatments of psychopathology
10) Outline and evaluate the behavioural treatments of psychopathology

ENJOY!
mynameisntbobk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
These are the essays that I have done so far:

1) Outline and evaluate definitions of abnormality
2) Discuss the problem of cultural relativism in relation to the three definitions of abnormality
3) Outline and evaluate the biological explanation of psychopathology
4) Outline and evaluate the psychodynamic explanation of psychopathology
5) Outline and evaluate the behavioural explanation of psychopathology
6) Outline and evaluate the cognitive explanation of psychopathology
7) Outline and evaluate the biological treatments of psychopathology
8) Outline and evaluate the cognitive treatments of psychopathology
9) Outline and evaluate the psychodynamic treatments of psychopathology
10) Outline and evaluate the behavioural treatments of psychopathology

ENJOY!
Oh wow. Yeah, that's a lot. Was that just for the half term?
LaserBeamedOrgs
Rep:
?
Oh wow. Yeah, that's a lot. Was that just for the half term?
Yes, it was... Its good that we have these, but at the same time, it really drains your passion for the subject because of the immense amount of work done at such an early stage. I mean, we haven't even got our results, and our teacher is making us do this. I HATE HER!
mynameisntbobk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, it was... Its good that we have these, but at the same time, it really drains your passion for the subject because of the immense amount of work done at such an early stage. I mean, we haven't even got our results, and our teacher is making us do this. I HATE HER!
I can't even imagine how drained you must have been if I'm honest. 1 essay for me practically kills me, so that's a crazy amount.
But at least you're getting it out of the way now, and you can start the revision now.
LaserBeamedOrgs
Rep:
?
I can't even imagine how drained you must have been if I'm honest. 1 essay for me practically kills me, so that's a crazy amount.
But at least you're getting it out of the way now, and you can start the revision now.
Yeah, good luck with Unit 2. Results day is nearing and my heart is pounding!
Jkizer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Curiosity, come exam time, how much do you reckon we should write roughly for a standard 12 marker? Just all these essay plans im making are gonna get to me D:
LaserBeamedOrgs
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jkizer)
Curiosity, come exam time, how much do you reckon we should write roughly for a standard 12 marker? Just all these essay plans im making are gonna get to me D:
For me, I'd personally say that you should be able to write 2 pages for each essay comfortably. And you should do approximately 34 essays, twice each. Know everything off by heart.
mynameisntbobk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah, good luck with Unit 2. Results day is nearing and my heart is pounding!
Thank you
Hoping results went smoothly!

How's everything going so far?
lilGem
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
just finished doing stress with one teacher and just have 2 more approaches in abnormality to go through, only just started social influence
mynameisntbobk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lilGem)
just finished doing stress with one teacher and just have 2 more approaches in abnormality to go through, only just started social influence
Starting stress with both my teachers as we've finished social influence and individual differences.

Already hoping the 12 marker is going to be on either research into majority influence or the behavioural approach to psychopathology. Or pushing my luck, explanations for why people obey.
lilGem
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Starting stress with both my teachers as we've finished social influence and individual differences.

Already hoping the 12 marker is going to be on either research into majority influence or the behavioural approach to psychopathology. Or pushing my luck, explanations for why people obey.
The behavioural approach would be lovely :love: I think life changes/ daily hassles would be a good one and maybe how stress affects the immune system :yep:
LaserBeamedOrgs
Rep:
?
Thank you
Hoping results went smoothly!

How's everything going so far?
Yeah, they went somewhat decent... I got ABB, for Psychology I got a B, which was 2 UMS away from an A, you reckon it's worth a remark?
mynameisntbobk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lilGem)
The behavioural approach would be lovely :love: I think life changes/ daily hassles would be a good one and maybe how stress affects the immune system :yep:
It really would, mainly because it came up, or at least the theories did in unit 1.

Daily hassles/ life changes would be alright as long as its not talking about research. I haven't done the immune system one yet, but my biology issue report is on stress
Yeah, they went somewhat decent... I got ABB, for Psychology I got a B, which was 2 UMS away from an A, you reckon it's worth a remark?
I got the exact same as you in psychology, 78 ums marks (which was 1 raw mark), I was so heartbroken, but in my opinion, I don't think its worth it. Its better to just focus on unit 2 and storm it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (66)
8.08%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.82%