This discussion is closed.
Dybbuk
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Is anybody else covering Social Development (13.1.1 & 13.1.2) for the A2 exam on the 12th of June?

Finding information on 13.1.1 Attachment & Separation is easy enough, but I'm having trouble finding details to learn for 13.1.2 Self and Others.

The 2003 AQA specification for 13.1.2 quotes "existential, categorical and self-awareness. Self-esteem and consequences of high and low levels in children. The development of friendship. Age-related change in friendship. Sex differences. Popularity and rejection: causes and consequences."

I have only been able to find details of self-esteem in any of my books.

Any suggestions? Any notes to spare?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yeah I am having the same problem finding info and nobody seems able to help much.

anyone?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Doomsday is looming and still no details of this section for me, either.

Why does everybody seem to be doing the OCR & Ed-Excel specs? Are we the only 3 people doing AQA-B Psychology on this forum???!
Dybbuk
Appear so, yes. I have found some info on self-concept & self-esteem, but probably not enough and certainly not enough to cover all topics.

I predict that I only achieved a C at best in my AS exams, so I really need a strong result in the A2 to make sure of a C or above. I think my coursework was pretty good, but you never know how A Level work will be marked this year. My teacher told the class one day (night, in fact) a sobering example of how Psychology students are not easily "welcomed" into further Psychological study because of its popularity. She claimed that the centre (about 4 or 5 tutors including the departmental head) marked one girl's coursework A without a doubt, but when it came back from the examiners she had been demoted to a C on each piece. The reason? Some minor issue relating to the format - the content was fine.

Yeah, so can anyone answer my original query?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i know.. its a joke.. im doing aqa b and ther isnt even a frigging textbook which covers it!

i missed a lot of classes this year, and i dont know what to do now, cos i cant find the material anywhere.

why the hell hasnt someone made a textbook for specification b???

why introduce the ****ing thing if you cant even give the pupils the material???

Paul
Dybbuk
Paul,

I too missed a lot of classes this year - in fact I think I only ever attended 6 or 7! But I got most of the work done somehow so my absence was overlooked.

Spec B is f*cking stupid, but you should be able to find most sections covered in Psychology: A Student's Handbook by Michael Eysenck. Just cover 3 topics in total - read the AQA spec guide for help with that.
Dybbuk
*bump
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (267)
34.19%
No (514)
65.81%

Watched Threads