UCH CEU, UEM VALENCIA SPAIN DENTISTRY GDC Problems

Watch
This discussion is closed.
CEU2013
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Before I re-post, I want to make clear that I am not gaining or losing anything by telling you this. But as someone who has been scammed and currently studying Dentistry at UCH CEU I want to let you know what is going on.

I HIGHLY ADVICE, to ask M&D, or Read Medicine or whatever other name they trade under, who is the responsible agent for UCH CEU in Valencia Spain and the other agent responsible for sending students to UEM (who I dont know what their name is), to confirm IN WRITING that the universities they are sending you or your child to is officially recognised in your destined country. In my case, I have found out that GDC is not recognising the degree title "Grado en Odontologia" in UK and the responsible person for sending me here from M&D lied by saying they are recognised and they continue to do so and sending more students here on false information. It is your money, your time, your life. Even CEU refuses to give anything in writing to say they are recognised because they dont know. You are practically buying your degree here and if you pay M&D good money they will transfer you to whatever year you want, even if you failed or never studied the relevant dentistry subject. How can such a university be legal and how can you expect General Dental Council to validate it? I just heard this from other people in upper years and they are so stressed because they have to apply to VT asap.

You can Call GDC on 020 7887 3800 and ask for the person who is dealing with the spanish degree in dentistry and confirm in writing what I have just told you. If you do receive anything in writing that CEU and UEM is recognised by them RIGHT NOW, please attach post and highlight it to everybody, because as far as we are concerned, CEU is not recognised by the GDC.
asnl14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi im about to go to UEM Madrid and asked them for an explanation and they said that the Licenturada en Odontologia has changed throughout Spain to Grado en Odontologia and that in Brussels the European Recognition group are in the process of approving the name change of the degree. once that happens the degree will be recognised throughout Europe. Please can you tell me whats happening over there if you are a student of Dentistry and what year you are in if you dont mind. I would really like to talk with you over the phone about this as i would like to hear about your situation and see if I'm making a mistake in this.

Do you know about this Licenturada to Grado change and which degree you'll be awarded?
How long has this process been going on for if i may ask as i was told within the end of this year it should be approved in Brussels?

Thank you so much and if you could reply urgently that would be great as i may have to fly out there in the next few days as semester has started today and i would be arriving late to start.

Thank you
Baguette20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello!

I just want to confirm that in October, the recognition of the Grado en Odontología will be officially recognized by the GDC.
:)M:)
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Baguette20)
Hello!

I just want to confirm that in October, the recognition of the Grado en Odontología will be officially recognized by the GDC.
Just wondering where did you get this information from.
Baguette20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I work at a Spanish university. :-)
Harijit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Dear student.
i read your post and at the time dismissed it.I have checked with Gdc it will be valid soon. If you can get a job as dentist in spain you can work here too. However, concerning the scam it only applies to the carepackage if you pay an agent called Rohit Patel.It goes like this ,our daugther applied to Uem through Rohit Patel sounded wonderful butter would melt in his mouth.He told us to hurry as there was limited places and that we should transfer the fee for uem and a carepackage total cost £4500.Fortunately for our daughter she was offered a place here just ONE day after we transfered the £4500. We informed him immeditely but after several emails as he will not pick his phone no joy.2months later he sent us an email saying NO he would not give even some of the monies back.

I have phoned the uni and you do not need to use Rohit Patel at all .you can apply directly and they will not ask you to pay for the carepackage in advance you only pay yearly when and if you need it.
Unlike Rohit who has just scammed so many parents and insists you pay it upfront. Parents who paid for the package in advance will not need him because they can sort out everything here and the uni have a guy called STan working at the uni who can help you and it will not cost you a penny.

Our lose but your gain DO not get involved with Rohit Patel .
User1733065
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi guys,

I've recently paid the reservation fee for Valencia.

Are any of you in the same position as me?

PM or reply :-)
BBMA
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi has anyone heard of GDC education, they have offered me a place to study dentistry in University of Valencia
They want $1000 deposit and £3000 care package within 10days
Supermanxxxxxx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm going to uev for dentistry anyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (188)
58.2%
I don't have everything I need (135)
41.8%

Watched Threads