The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anygy
I was blessed with two lovely examiners, both failed me. I understand why I failed with the first, not so much with the second.

Then, on my third attempt, I got a decievingly nice examiner who turned out to be a bit of prat less than fifteen minutes in. I remember I was waiting for a place to go at a mini roundabout. Fair enough, I missed a pretty good opening but I would've rather received a minor for hesitation than risk a collision for rushing. So I stayed put for maybe 8-10 more seconds. Suddenly, my examiner is yelling "well look!! You just missed a perfectly good opening, get going will you!!??"

I was pretty shook. Then less than ten seconds later, because I was so distracted by how he'd spoken to me, I tried to fit through an apparently "too small" gap (despite traffic in front of me fitting through perfectly fine) and he screamed at me to hit the brakes. Thought I was done for. Examiner kept heaving these huge, over-exaggerated sighs throughout the rest of drive and I wanted to open the door and kick him out of the car.

He made a lot of sarcastic remarks, like when he asked me to pull over and then rejoin traffic. I hadn't even taken that long, but at one point, he went "Hell, any day now." Didn't know examiners existed like that.

Who would've known, he passed me.

I swear they can’t pass you if they put on the brakes for you
Well I mean technically, I put the brakes on myself, he just yelled at me too. Either way, I thought it was over as soon as it happened. Guess not.
Reply 82
Failed 7 times and just booked my 8th Kudos to me for not giving up!! ive never had more than 6 minors and only ever failed on 1 serious just nerves and possibly down to the fact I don’t like the male examiners, They’re rude and that in itself makes me anxious
Reply 83
Original post by LARRY!
I don’t like the male examiners, They’re rude and that in itself makes me anxious

Stereotyping is typically frowned upon...
Reply 84
Original post by IWMTom
Stereotyping is typically frowned upon...

Yes maybe but I don’t think it’s stereotyping ....I never said all male examiners I said ‘the’ male examiners, referring to the two in my test centre?...
Reply 85
Original post by LARRY!
Yes maybe but I don’t think it’s stereotyping ....I never said all male examiners I said ‘the’ male examiners, referring to the two in my test centre?...

Perhaps you should have said that then!
Reply 86
You can make the a mistake on a driving test, it might not be marked down at all..... it might be marked as just a minor driving fault ..... or it could be marked as a serious or dangerous fault. The mark will be given on the whole build up to the situation.... ie, what you as the driver did, what any vehicle nearby did, was there any other vehicle or pedestrians put as risk ? The list is endless.... remember the examiner MUST GET IT RIGHT.
Reply 87
My driving examinador placed the sat nav very far away I realized that after fail my test. I noticed something wrong but I was afraid he think I was blind so I didn't say anything but guess what, because of the effort to flow the sat nav I miss a traffic light. My driving instructor says I have the ability and just to book another test and be careful with these situations. Does anybody else has had this kind of experiences? I feel that too mean.
Reply 88
Original post by ED1981
My driving examinador placed the sat nav very far away I realized that after fail my test. I noticed something wrong but I was afraid he think I was blind so I didn't say anything but guess what, because of the effort to flow the sat nav I miss a traffic light. My driving instructor says I have the ability and just to book another test and be careful with these situations. Does anybody else has had this kind of experiences? I feel that too mean.

Perhaps you should have asked for it to be a bit closer???
Original post by IWMTom
Perhaps you should have asked for it to be a bit closer???

Nah, it's easier to fail and book a new test :rolleyes:
Reply 90
This thread has so many stories that are obviously just made up.

Original post by ED1981

How can you see the Speedo if you can’t see the Satnav...
Original post by TheDE
How can you see the Speedo if you can’t see the Satnav...

How will they read this post? :tongue:
The examiner would have put the satnav where he is legally permitted to do so (without blocking the windshield). The satnav also talks to you, so not sure that would fly as an excuse.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by overalltea
The examiner would have put the satnav where he is legally permitted to do so (without blocking the windshield). The satnav also talks to you, so not sure that would fly as an excuse.

The satnav is required to go nearly touching the windscreen glass in the middle of the dashboard so that if there is an emergency braking situation it doesn’t fly forwards and smash to pieces or bounce off the windscreen and hit us.
Original post by maxinator12
I hate driving instructors. They are disgusting, disrespectful people. Their main job is just to fail you, even going so far as to lie and practically call you pathetic, a failure, etc. I hope they all die a horrible death for their actions and attitudes, every driver should be given a fair chance, no matter their age, race, gender, religion or whatever else. As long as you're human, not arrogant, polite and can show you know what you're doing, you should give you a fair chance and not talk to you as if you're a failure at life and actually not have the goal to fail you.

1. A bit harsh to wish death upon someone.
2. This is an 8 year old thread.
3. Have you seen some drivers on the road? I’m sure the driving instructor is making sure you are confident in driving for your own safety. If you have that big of a problem, change instructors.
Reply 95
Original post by maxinator12
I hate driving instructors. They are disgusting, disrespectful people. Their main job is just to fail you, even going so far as to lie and practically call you pathetic, a failure, etc. I hope they all die a horrible death for their actions and attitudes, every driver should be given a fair chance, no matter their age, race, gender, religion or whatever else. As long as you're human, not arrogant, polite and can show you know what you're doing, you should give you a fair chance and not talk to you as if you're a failure at life and actually not have the goal to fail you.

Lol take a chill pill. This is a load of *******s.

Latest